Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else.
We do this by tackling big problems with a unique perspective and that’s where you come in. Trying to create major change in an industry as old and set in their ways as banking isn’t easy, so it’s massively important to do it with likeminded people who can bring new ideas and a ton of fun to the table every day. Hopefully you’re that kind of person.
So far, we’ve changed the game for short-term loans and we’re about to blow up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa Card. What’s next? Well that’s where things get really exciting. Think of how many other parts of banking are annoying or a rip off and all the opportunities there are for people like us to make things better. Yeah, ‘sky’s the limit’ is an understatement. Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you’d like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let’s talk.
The Branch Manager will be a strong team player with the innate ability to establish store priorities and solve problems using logic and strong communication skills. But you won’t stop there - you will also foster a positive team atmosphere that is supportive, collaborative and of course FUN! You will coach, lead and motivate individuals to meet store objectives with a view to the overall “big picture” of corporate strategy. The Branch Manager will use those people skills to build strong relationships with customers and provide an exceptional customer experience – and when we say exceptional, we mean through-the-roof, sky’s-the-limit, to-infinity-and-beyond AWESOME!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experience working in a related industry such as consumer banking, lending or other financial services firm.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a retail outlet while working on the retail floor alongside customer service staff.
- 3-5 years experience managing customer service staff, including hiring, training, coaching and reviewing performance.
- 3-5 years of experience with administrative tasks related to store management, including daily audits, store maintenance and staff scheduling.
- Demonstrated history and commitment to customer service excellence.
- Track record of adhering to organizational policies and procedures.
- Understanding of Mogo, the industry and key competitors.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proven experience motivating colleagues to exceed performance benchmarks or quotas.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
Please send cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with “Vancouver Store Manager” in the subject line.