Mogo is different. So far, we’ve changed the game for short-term loans and we’re blowing up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa Card. Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you’d like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let’s talk.
The Senior Accountant we’re looking for is a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail. If you are adaptable to a changing environment and love to problem solve with a team, this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with an innovative, growing organization. You’ll be exposed to all aspects of our accounting and finance processes and will have a direct impact on financial reporting. As a key member of the Finance team, you will have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders from various departments and support all organizational key objectives.
Skills & Experience:
· Achieved a CA, CGA or CMA designation
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline.
· 5-years of progressively senior work experience in the financial services industry, specifically with lending and credit products.
· Expert level Excel skills, including dynamic spreadsheets and intermediate level skills with other MS Office software.
· Proven experience analyzing general ledger accounts.
· Experienced in managing a month-end close process and reviewing supporting documents.
· Demonstrated experience working with accounting systems, specifically Great Plains.
· In-depth understanding of end-to-end accounting systems and processes.
· Proven experience reconciling large amounts of data
· Demonstrated experience dealing with inter-company and clearing accounts
· Proven success working proactively both independently and as part of a team.
· Track record of contributing ideas and implementing process improvements.
· Ability to apply exceptional judgment and problem solving skills to real world problems.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment.
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to careers @ mogo.ca with “Sr. Accountant” in the subject line