Mogo is a different kind of finance company. If you think about what a bank is, then think the opposite, that's us. Frankly, we hate how the big banks have pushed Canadians into carrying record levels of debt and we're here to help push back. Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you'd like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let's talk.
We're looking for a Risk & Collections Analyst to help manage our credit risk adjudication and collections strategies in a way that drives customer solutions, optimizes profit and ensures Mogo's competitive advantage. Our ideal Risk & Collections Analyst will bring expert level skills in SQL, SAS and Excel Power Pivot. This role also requires exceptional leadership skills, a results-focused attitude and the ability to effectively communicate risks and opportunities to the senior leadership team in areas like portfolio trends, collections forecasts and credit risk adjudication models. If you're tired of working for big banks and want to be a part of something different, check out the responsibilities and qualifications below. If you're a fit for our team -- let's talk.
- Develop, implement and monitor collections strategies including scorecards and decision trees to optimize collections performance
- Monitor, maintain & enhance decisioning strategies in Equifax Interconnect and Authentication platform including score cut-offs and decision tree strategy
- Production and analysis of collections reports, communicating key trends to senior management to ensure effective and efficient collections
- Forecast key risk and collections metrics including NSF rates, New $ Default, and $ Collected
- Apply expertise and knowledge of financial services to optimize collection and acquisition strategy
- Leverage credit risk data to enhance underwriting policy to align with Mogo's overall corporate and credit risk adjudication strategies
- Develop and maintain a standard set of ongoing reports that evaluate the overall credit risk and profitability of our various customer segments
- Seeks out opportunities to challenge current processes and works to develop and implement new methods for managing credit risk
- 5+ years of experience in a risk and/or collections analytics role
- Degree in statistics, math or a related discipline (advanced degree is desired)
- In-depth knowledge of credit risk and collections analysis
- Expert level skills and an in-depth understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling tools including SAS, SQL and Excel Power Pivot
- Previous experience in a Canadian financial institution or financial services organization
- Advanced level of technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques and their application in a retail credit risk and collections environment
- An energetic and performance-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills and a bias for action
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills -- both verbal and written
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with "Risk & Collections Analyst" in the subject line.
Indeed - 11 months ago
So far, Mogo has changed the game for short-term loans and now we’re blowing up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa...