Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else. So far, we’ve changed the game for short-term loans and we’re about to blow up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa Card. Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you’d like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let’s talk.
Mogo is looking for a .NET Developer. To keep up with us, you need to walk the talk, have acute attention to detail and be driven to ensure that our interactive platform is running at peak performance at all times – and when it’s not, you take the initiative to “make it so”. The .NET Developer role at Mogo requires a commitment to full conception to completion web application development, from business requirement gathering, through to testing and launch. It is hands-on programming of all database integrations and maintaining complex web applications while in-use by customers. If this sounds right up your “array”, send us your resume (and we promise to stop making nerdy jokes).
*Degree or diploma in Computer Science or another related field
- 5+ years’ experience using ASP .NET and MS SQL
- Some experience with Ruby on Rails (We are migrating an existing web application)
- Understanding of MVC.
- Development experience in one or more of the following areas:
o E-commerce and transactional websites
o Business process
o Windows applications
- Proven ability to code expeditiously with great accuracy
* Knowledge of relational databases, including experience with MS SQL, particularly with SQL joins, views, transactions and foreign key constraints
* Experience working with web APIs and the ability to communicate with internal tools over a standard IP socket
* Excellent written and verbal English skills
Please send your cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with “Web Developer” in the subject line.