Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else. So far, we’ve changed the game for short-term loans and we’re blowing up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa Card. Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you’d like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let’s talk.
Mogo is looking for a Ruby Web Developer. Our ideal Ruby Web Developer is an expert at Ruby on Rails and knows it inside and out. To keep up with us, you need to walk the talk, have acute attention to detail and be driven to ensure that our interactive platform is running at peak performance at all times – and when it’s not, you take the initiative to “make it so”. The Ruby Web Developer role at Mogo requires a commitment to full conception to completion web application development, from business requirement gathering, through to testing and launch. It is hands-on programming of all database integrations and maintaining complex web applications while in-use by customers. If you’re a fit, send us your resume.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or another related field
- 1+ years’ experience using Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of MVC.
- Proven ability to code expeditiously with great accuracy
- Knowledge of relational databases, including experience with MySQL
- Experience working with web APIs and the ability to communicate with internal tools over a standard IP socket
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
Please send your cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with “JR Ruby Web Developer” in the subject line.