Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else.
We do this by tackling big problems with a unique perspective and that’s where you come in. Trying to create major change in an industry as old and set in their ways as banking isn’t easy, so it’s massively important to do it with likeminded people who can bring new ideas and a ton of fun to the table every day. Hopefully you’re that kind of person.
So far, we’ve changed the game for short-term loans and we’re about to blow up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa Card. What’s next? Well that’s where things get really exciting. Think of how many other parts of banking are annoying or a rip off and all the opportunities there are for people like us to make things better. Yeah, ‘sky’s the limit’ is an understatement.
We’re looking for a UI Designer to be an essential part of our overall online customer experience – and that makes you kind of a big deal. We need someone who has an above-average eye for design, fantastic prototyping skills and a “roll with the punches” kind of attitude. If you’re that someone, read on!
- Degree in a relevant field (graphic, interactive, communication, or animation design)
- 3- 5 years professional experience with visual design for software interfaces
- Proven experience designing and maintaining a range of websites and/or applications, especially consumer-facing and transactionally-focused interfaces
- Proficiency in industry tools including Adobe Creative Suite and Visio
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling user experiences
- Advanced experience with tools and fundamentals of user-centered, usability, and aesthetic design principles
- Experience in creating various prototype methods and knowledge of UI and graphic design best practices
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones
- Advanced visual design skills in typography, layout and composition, color theory, and use of photography
- Advanced knowledge and experience designing and using grid systems
- Advanced concepting skills and original thinking with an eye for innovation
- Experience working within agile design and development teams an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please send a professional and personal portfolio of beautiful and useful interface design that showcases a breadth of styles and approaches along with your cover letter and resume to the email link provided with “UI Designer” in the subject line.