Mogo is on the brink of a transformation and we want you to be a part of it. We're about to launch our next generation of financial products in Canada, including longer term traditional loans, an online account portal and a revolutionary prepaid Visa card that will re-define the way our customers manage their money. We're leveraging leading edge technology to build an exceptional user experience and adding team members who are as passionate about our customers as we are. Help us help Canadians take control of their finances and enjoy their hard-earned money.
The Financial Analyst we’re looking for is a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail. If you are adaptable to a changing environment and love to problem solve with a team, this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with an innovative, growing organization. You’ll be exposed to all aspects of our accounting and finance processes and will have a direct impact on financial reporting. As a key member of the Finance team, you will have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders from various departments and support all organizational key objectives.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Commerce, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Achieved minimum level 3 in the CGA or CMA programs.
- 1-2 years of experience in a role focused on financial analysis and accounting.
- Expert level Excel skills (including dynamic spreadsheets), expert level Microsoft Great Plains skills (or similar accounting software), intermediate level skills with other MS Office software and experience using banking software.
- Experience reconciling data from multiple different systems, including accounting and other proprietary software apps.
- Experience with banking and cash management as it relates to a corporate accounting function, including working with complex cash flow models.
- Experience analyzing general ledger accounts and providing information to key business stakeholders.
- Experience manipulating large amounts of data and working with relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze expenses, variance reporting, sales information and make projections based on historical trends.
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of Canadian GAAP.
- Proven success working proactively both independently and as part of a team.
- Track record of contributing ideas and implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Send your resume and cover letter to careers at mogo.ca with “Financial Analyst” in the subject line.
Indeed - 12 months ago
So far, Mogo has changed the game for short-term loans and now we’re blowing up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa...