Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else.
We do this by tackling big problems with a unique perspective and that’s where you come in. Trying to create major change in an industry as old and set in their ways as banking isn’t easy, so it’s massively important to do it with likeminded people who can bring new ideas and a ton of fun to the table every day. Hopefully you’re that kind of person.
So far, we’ve changed the game for short-term loans and we’re about to blow up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa Card. What’s next? Well that’s where things get really exciting. Think of how many other parts of banking are annoying or a rip off and all the opportunities there are for people like us to make things better. Yeah, ‘sky’s the limit’ is an understatement.
Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you’d like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let’s talk.
As a Financial Analyst, you’ll be crunching numbers and making Excel magic to support Mogo’s growth. Other team members will rely on your analysis to make key business decisions and because we’re a small company, you’ll have a clear opportunity to make an impact. If your experience matches our list below, let us know! Send your cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with “Financial Analyst” in the subject line.
- Post secondary education in Commerce, Business Administration or a related discipline and level 3 CGA or CMA.
- 3-5 years of experience in a role focused on financial analysis and accounting.
- Expert level Excel skills (including dynamic spreadsheets), expert level Microsoft Great Plains skills (or similar accounting software), intermediate level skills with other MS Office software and experience using banking software.
- Experience reconciling data from multiple different systems, including accounting and other proprietary software apps.
- Experience with banking and cash management as it relates to a corporate accounting function, including working with complex cash flow models.
- Experience analyzing general ledger accounts and providing information to key business stakeholders.
- Experience manipulating large amounts of data and working with relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze expenses, variance reporting, sales information and make projections based on historical trends.
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of Canadian GAAP.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Please send your cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with “Financial Analyst” in the subject line.