Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else. We do this by tackling big problems with a unique perspective and that’s where you come in. Trying to create major change in an industry as old and set in their ways as banking isn’t easy, so it’s massively important to do it with likeminded people who can bring new ideas and a ton of fun to the table every day. Hopefully you’re that kind of person.
So far, we’ve changed the game for short-term loans and we’re about to blow up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa Card. Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you’d like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let’s talk.
We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst who’s a serious team player. The kind of winger our marketing and operations team can count on for a game winning assist! Okay enough with the hockey analogies. What we need is a Developer/Analyst to work with key business stakeholders to understand their data needs and create solutions in the form of reports. This isn’t just a “build it and leave it” kind of role. We need someone who takes the initiative to ensure reports are built and maintained with high quality data and that the reports continue to evolve with new data sources or as business needs change. Check out the details below and let us know if you’re the one we’re looking for.
- Works with various in-house and third party data sources and tools to develop reports for the marketing and operations leadership teams at Mogo
- Interfaces with internal customers, gathers requirements and gains a deep-dive understanding of key datasets
- Writes queries and analyzes data in order to design, develop, and maintain actionable reports and dashboards
- Provides business customers with high level analysis of data, executive summaries and/or other additions to reports
- Works independently as well as part of a team of analytics specialists
- Performs database and report related QA and testing tasks, focused primarily on data quality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience with advanced SQL scripting and relational databases
- 2+ years experience with developing reports and dashboards using a BI reporting tool (such as Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Jaspersoft iReports, etc...)
- 2+ years experience with data integration and related tools
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of a programming language is a plus (Java preferred)
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with “Business Intelligence” in the subject line.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money w...