Mogo is an innovative consumer finance technology company that is disrupting the financial services market in Canada and building a "next generation bank" for Canadians. We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team and support our rapid growth rate. We are currently in the process of a large private financing and expect to be ready for an IPO in the next 18-24 months.
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to help with the day-to-day operations of the finance department and implement the various objectives set by stakeholders. The Assistant Controller will need to manage several accounting staff, interact with other departments and will report to the Controller and CFO.
The compensation offered is very competitive as we are looking for an "A" player:
1) Starting Salary of $60-75k
2) Robust benefits package including health, dental, vision coverage
3) Performance-based incentive plan
4) 3 weeks' vacation to start
- Assisting the Controller with cash management, reporting and analysis of corporate KPIs; various management, government and banking reporting
- Supporting corporate objectives with special projects including IT review, controls analysis and workflow management
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reporting for use by business stakeholders
- Maintaining the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset and other accounting related systems.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the finance team including accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliation, cash management and fixed asset accounting
- Identifying opportunities for improvement; creating, communicating and implementing internal processes and controls
- Managing a growing high performance finance team, including hiring, coaching, performance management
- Preparing and reviewing working papers/lead sheets for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in a related discipline and a CA, CGA or CMA designation
- Minimum 3 years progressive financial experience in financial services, specifically with lending and credit products
- Strong computer proficiency with advanced skill levels in MS Office, Visio and accounting systems, preferably Great Plains. Knowledge and experience implementing software technology and financial systems is an asset.
- In-depth understanding of all areas of finance, and how the finance department impacts the organizational as a whole
- Demonstrated experience growing organizations by implementing best practices in financial control
- Past success managing priorities and multi-tasking in a dynamic, collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Proven experience providing exceptional customer service to internal clients and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience supervising, assessing performance, coaching and mentoring other accounting staff
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional English verbal and written communications skills
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with "Assistant Controller" in the subject line.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -