Mogo is different. For starters, we sure as hell aren’t a bank. We think, actually we know, there is a better way to make your money work for you, rather than someone else.
We do this by tackling big problems with a unique perspective and that’s where you come in. Trying to create major change in an industry as old and set in their ways as banking isn’t easy, so it’s massively important to do it with likeminded people who can bring new ideas and a ton of fun to the table every day. Hopefully you’re that kind of person.
So far, we’ve changed the game for short-term loans and we’re about to blow up the credit card world with our new Mogo Prepaid Visa Card. What’s next? Well that’s where things get really exciting. Think of how many other parts of banking are annoying or a rip off and all the opportunities there are for people like us to make things better. Yeah, ‘sky’s the limit’ is an understatement. Our goal is to help save Canadians $1-billion in credit card interest, NSF fees and payday loan costs and have a great time doing it. If you’d like an accomplishment like that on your resume, then let’s talk.
The Accounting Analyst we’re looking for is a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail. If you are adaptable to a changing environment and love to problem solve with a team, this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with an innovative, growing organization. You’ll be exposed to all aspects of our accounting and finance processes and will have a direct impact on financial reporting. As a key member of the Finance team, you will have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders from various departments and support all organizational key objectives. This is a 1 year term position.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Achieved minimum level 3 in the CGA or CMA programs.
- 1-2 years of experience in role that involved balancing sub-ledgers to control accounts.
- Expert level Excel skills, including dynamic spreadsheets and intermediate level skills with other MS Office software.
- Proven experience analyzing general ledger accounts.
- Demonstrated experience working with automated accounting systems.
- Proven experience manipulating large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated experience using banking software, Microsoft Great Plains, or similar accounting software.
- Proficient with Crystal Reports and a working knowledge of SQL.
- In depth knowledge of relational database tables and databases in general.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with inter-company and clearing accounts.
- Experience working in an organization that grants credit is an asset.
- Proven success working proactively both independently and as part of a team.
- In-depth understanding of end-to-end accounting systems and processes.
- Track record of contributing ideas and implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to careers at mogo.ca with “Accounting Analyst” in the subject line.