We are seeking an Asterisk Specialist or Engineer to join our operations team in our Montreal office.
Modulis, the Canadian Leader in Asterisk-based IP Telephony Business Solutions, is experiencing fast growth in this rapidly changing industry.
Modulis is a company with an open source background where Linux is the main operating system. Lacking skills with Microsoft Windows is a strength at Modulis.
Our company designs and installs Asterisk-based IP phone systems with integrated communication functionality. We provide consulting services and support for Asterisk VOIP systems, SIP networks, and VoIP cloud solutions. We operate a SIP trunking service spread across 4 datacenters.
- Excellent understanding of the Asterisk system (Ideally DCAP certified, with at least 5 years experience)
- Excellent understanding of the Linux operating system (experience of at least 10 years)
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networking (familiar with Cisco iOS and the standard networking protocols)
- Excellent understanding of the Linux Kernel packet routing (Iptables and such)
- Good understanding of the available virtualization technologies (KVM, Openvz)
- Good understanding of server hardware (RAID, Bios)
- Experience with Freeswitch and OpenSIPS is a plus
- Experience in the datacenter environment
- Proficient in English and French
-Level 2, 3 client technical support & NOC responsibility
-Troubleshoot complex network and VoIP problems
-Identify, report and fix bugs
-Maintain our existing software products
-Script coding (mostly bash)
-Collaborate with our software development team to develop new products
-Create .rpm and .deb packages
-Train administrators and Level 1 tech support staff
-Deploy monitoring and backup tools
-Deploy servers and solutions at corporate clients
-On-boarding project management
-Perform server maintenance at our datacenters
-Remote hardware and software troubleshooting of servers
-Improve infrastructure management processes and efficiency
Job location: near Monk metro station (Montreal, H4E 3H7)
Starting date: immediate
Contract type: permanent, full-time (9 to 9) with on-call (remote) for critical support and NOC problems