Modis IT

Modis IT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Contractor at DirecTV
Application Management at DirecTV (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COOctober 10, 2012
Pros: faciliites, new building with recreation room that has 4 54" tvs, xbox, wii, a pool table and shuffle board table.
Cons: large corporate environment, no community feeling
I started by performing locally hosted .php Wikipedia support for the Enterprise Monitoring Team and document the knowledge from the team into the wiki. I learned the wiki .php code in the first few weeks and expanded the wiki by over 50 pages. Two months after I started there was a directive to move to a java based JAMWiki. I worked with a Wikipedia – more... developer to improve the functionality of the JAMWiki. During this time, I began to gather data from multiple sources used by the Enterprise Monitoring team for presentation by the team manager to DirecTV Vice Presidents on a weekly basis. This expanded my knowledge in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 Products; Excel, Outlook, Access, Visio, Word and PowerPoint. Also during this time, the entire Information Technology Organization moved from the Inverness location to a Greenwood Village location. I assisted in moving hardware such as desktops, monitors, printers, copiers, and office furniture to the new site. Seven months into my contract there was a directive to move the Application Management Organization to SharePoint 2010. This organization consists of four teams and over 50 employees. I became the Project Manager of directive. Once I moved the data from network drives, locally hosted wikis and drives, and each teams SharePoint 2007. I designed the site for the organization and each team by reading manuals and watching online videos on SharePoint design. I administered the organizations site's access and content. – less
Low pay and un-organized Management
Lead Tech (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 5, 2012
Very little instruction to start of with management was unreachable, and this was the first IT position where I removed and installed a complete server room for a major building supplier like Home Depot and was paid $120 per job....That was no money at all for the job done!! Very poor company to work for.

I finished out the contract, but never again.
nice.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2012
Great experience, worked in a great environment.
Difficult to get in contact with rep from agency.
Consulting firm
Consultant/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: many mainframe assignments avaliable at first.
Cons: mainframe opportunities disappeared the last few years.
For 13 years I worked steady for Ajilon/Modis. I was always at a client sight.
Designing Networks
Network Systems Architect (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: good people, good talent
Cons: very hectic schedules demanding a lot of travel.
Design, plan and implementing network systems for a variety of businesses. Resolving existing remote communication issues, utilizing VPN and VPN tunneling through ISP channels.

Managing security and resolving issues between differing operating systems. Remote management of servers and ISP installations throughout the WWW ring in Seattle, Boston and – more... Denver. – less
Good place I liked it
contractor for Viztek (Former Employee), Garner NCJuly 25, 2012
The work was good the people where great . The owners had a financial short fall so my temp to perm was not honored . I made a promise to work for 6 months and they laid me off after 4 .
A Good Company To Work For
Computer Technician/U.S. Postal Service (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 22, 2012
Have worked for the company for over a year and found the staff very helpful and pleasent to work with.
I enjoy working for the company.
HELP DESK ANALYST (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: no much oportunity for permanent employment.
I enjoy working for the company. I was working as a contractor for the State of PA.
First Job
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2012
This was my first professional job after college and was a great learning experience.
Temp
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2012
This was a staffing agency what was very helpful for short lived projects with companies. I would recommend them for indivduals who are not looking for long-term placement.
Part time and contract company. Not enough work to sustain an employee
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2012
Pros: decent work
Cons: not enough work
Good people to work for but as a part time employee you are only called out about once every two weeks or less in my area. So you have to have other jobs to make it in life.
Great Company
IT Recruiter (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2012
Great company, good experience
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Different place to work at
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 19, 2012
Never felt like i fit in. didn't feel much like I was part of the team, mostly felt like an out cast.
Very Enjoyable
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJune 17, 2012
I worked for Modis when I was out from College. I enjoyed the office work place and had many responsibilities. This company taught me about office etiquette.
Good Temp Company
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2012
Everything was fine with the placements, I was a little disappointed when the job assignment ended and there wasnt any further placement.
good place to work
Predictive Dialer Developer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2012
Created new test solutions for the call center as well as processes and scripts for customer list processing and reports.
Helped increase efficiancies in call center operations utilizing inbound and outbound blending techniques.
Created new applications for the Voice Portal / PC4 connection.
Beta tested Proactive Contact versions 4.1.2, 4.2 with Avaya – more... Development.
Awarded “Call Center Idol” for assisting other call centers with issues by the Avaya PDS user's group.
Facilitated upgrade of current dialing platform to new versions and ran custom jobs for clients.
Attended meetings and planned multiple interfaces and upgrade plans for dialer / call center solutions.
Created lists and jobs, selections, stratagems, and trained on-site personnel.
Experience with ASA, Modular Messaging Administration, Punching down telephony, and wiring phones.
Experience updating Avaya Communications Manager trunk groups, Creating new extensions and basic administration of the ACM in a call center focus. – less
professional coorporate enviornments
computer tech (Current Employee), NYApril 10, 2012
Pros: compensation for some expenses
Cons: can't get receipts for all things, that i should be compensated for
need assignments where I can get more experience. projects don't last long enough
Productive reporting team
Data Analyst (contract) (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 9, 2012
Pros: excel reports, team work
Cons: commute time and no job security
Part of the reporting team, good atmosphere, flexible working hours, very long commute.
This was a contract position with no ending date specified.
didn't work for long
Resource Development Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 5, 2012
Pros: training
Cons: very laid back and micro management
I did not work for long so can't comment much. Team was good. management was also good. Resources were plenty
Poor technical communication and misuse of "Per Diem"
Sub-contractor (Current Employee), TN, GA, CTMarch 30, 2012
Pros: got an ugly t-shirt
Cons: many
Worked for them on several occasions. They never seem to be able to establish clear lines of communication with their clients in regards to the technical requirements and expectations. Whether it is a lack of technical training on their part or simply a lazy work ethic is up for debate.

Also, BEWARE, Modis may offer you what they term "Per Diem" to – more... compensate for a low hourly rate...but it is NOT true per diem. They deduct the per diem amount from your hourly rate...then claim it will "boost" your salary because the per diem portion is not taxable.

This will come back to haunt you in several ways.

1. Buying a hourse/car etc and need to show proof of income....the "per diem" does not count toward salary requirements

2. Need to show salary from previous job to a future employer...again see #1

3. Planning on working overtime..then it will be at the reduced rate (hourly - per diem) for those hours

4. Modis requires that you work a minimum of 4 hours in a day in order to receive per diem for that day ... so if you work 1-3 hours on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday...you get no per diem for that day! – less

About Modis IT

Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, – Read more