Modis IT

Modis IT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Modis assigned you and left you to do the job
Project Controls Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: self directed
Cons: little to no contact when company changed ownership
Over a 6 year assignment. I was place with one client that continued to renew the contract every December.
Avoid at all costs
Recruiter (Current Employee), Englewood, COAugust 20, 2013
Cons: management, pay, advancement, integrity, clients
I’ve worked with Modis as a Strategic Delivery Center Recruiter for just over a year and can easily say it is has gradually become the most awful job I’ve ever had. There were so many promises made during my initial interviews that made this opportunity seem great; however it was all a pile of lies. Almost all of the clients you recruit for are listed – more... on the “Top 10 worst companies to work for.” This is accompanied by working under a management team that is so pathetically under qualified it will make you sick. Another detail worth mentioning is the pay. Instead of receiving a commission off the gross margin every month, you get a flat payout of $250 or $700 per placement. Regardless if you have placed a high level Project Manager that will profit the company over $80K during their contract duration, your pay is set at the above listed amounts. Almost all of the accounts I’ve recruited for are strictly VMS clients which means you have zero control of the process. You literally compete against 25+ competitors and there is no pipelining process in place. Most of my day is spent apologizing to candidates for wasting their time sending a resume over to a Modis client. It has been a joke working for this company and I can’t wait to get out of here. I would keep away from this company at all costs. – less
Good Experience
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2013
Pros: good income
Cons: micro managed
Worked independently on managing accounts and developing new business.
dedicated co-workers, fun atmosphere
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
Pros: monthy pot luck lunches that turned into an all day feeding frenzy
Cons: commute
Just like with any job, there were good days and there were bad days, but there was always someone there you could talk to. It was rewarding to be able to help people with whatever issues they were dealing with.
Standard contract at Ford Motor Credit.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Dearborn, MI - Ford CreditJuly 31, 2013
Cons: no job security
This was contract at Ford Motor Credit thru MODIS. I was assigned Cobol mainframe work that that had complication dates. I learned the interworking of the Global Securitization business. I also learned to use the IBM tool File-Manger.
I did not find anything hard about this assignment. The analysts that I work with at Ford Motor Credit were very knowledgeable. – more... This made the assignments enjoyable. – less
See below
Sales Manager (Former Employee), GloballyJuly 17, 2013
Sales Manager (promoted from Sales Consultant)-B2B IT, SAP, ERP, CRM, BI & EAI Solutions, Svs & Projects globally.
Contracting company
Content Specialist/Contractor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 13, 2013
Pros: freindly staff
Cons: sense of fending yourself
Modis is a contracting company. On occasision they might contact, but for the most part, once your are in the position you are on your own.
Great experience...
ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJune 28, 2013
Modis obtained an interview and had me working the following week. I would recommend them to anyone.
Modis
Lead Project Coordinator MPLS-IPT VoIP (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2013
Very nice place to work. learned a lot about vendor management.
Very professional Place to work
Resource Development Manager (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 19, 2013
In the ever-changing world of technology, connecting with the right companies and job opportunities can be complicated. But not when you work with Modis. We use our insight, knowledge and global resources to help you navigate this complex world and make exceptional connections with great companies. And even though we’re experts in the IT world, your – more... opportunities won’t be limited to just the IT industry – we can find you an exceptional opportunity virtually anywhere, even right here at Modis.

Information Technology Staffing Services:

•Project Management
•Technical Support
•Technical Writing
•Security – less
Good people to work with.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAJune 13, 2013
Pros: wednesday lunches catered.
Cons: job duties unclear.
Lacking leadership and direction. Job duties unclear. Co-workers are very willing to help with issues and questions.
Talent Sourcer (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJune 11, 2013
Modis has a good work culture but a poor training structure and advancement opportunity.
Modis Review
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJune 5, 2013
Pros: good team, ping pong table
Cons: pay
Good large company with good training. There were many jobs to work on.
modis staffing
Data Specialist Network Repair (commercial) (Current Employee), Apopka, FLMay 28, 2013
a typical day is to answer approx. 25 calls, of customers having internet problems. I trouble shoot layer 1,2,3, issues along with email problems. I have to engage in sales and try to sell all product when necessary while maintaining a 10min call time.
family feel
Help Desk Specialist /Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 14, 2013
work with a lot of long time friends. learned a lot about home depot and troubleshooting the hardware in stores.
Fun place to meet and network with other techs
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2013
This is a company that uses contractors for certain IT clients. Great way to meet exciting new people and get to know the ins and outs of a comapny.
Fine company to work for.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2013
Pros: job was consistent.
Cons: no complaints.
The contract was well defined. My co-workers were easy to work with and intellegent.
Great organization
Sr. Resource Development Representative (Former Employee), michiganMarch 31, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: moved location further from home
Great compensation program and Recruiting process. Enjoyed coworkers and had solid relationships with clients.
Technical Recruiter/Consultant
Business Development Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 26, 2013
Company was purchased by Adecco and is going through many changes...
GSI was with out a doubt the worse place I have ever worked.
Release manager for linx systems (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2013
brutal environment, boss always looking over your shoulder.
They had a 4 week rotation for night coverage, which sounds good, except for that week you usually worked 60-80 hours, for 5 and sometimes 6 days. My family hated the fact that I worked there, they never saw me, and when they did I was exhausted. Burn out in about 10 months, I lasted 18.

About Modis IT

Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, – Read more