Modis IT

Modis IT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Short term IT contract.
Modis IT contract (Former Employee), Cooperstown, NYOctober 14, 2014
Modis contract to work at Basset Hospital of Cooperstown. The IT team at Cooperstown was a fun group of people who knew what they were doing.
Modis conversion issues that I had.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Foster City, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: they paid on time, and correctly, no issues with overtime.
Cons: if your contract is ending, you have do the leg work to make sure they will listen to you and get you the next contract.
Modis is an okay contract company overall. They appear to have a few contacts in select companies it appears. Okay they are not as bad as the previous contracts that I have had ... My hourly rate was low, since I believe it was a conversion rate, but I never got converted to X company because of new management, but local manager was very interested – more... in my conversion. There again it was Modis was not going to ask that I be convert ... hey why ask when your making $$$ of the resource right? – less
Contract position with Modis
contract employee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: they paid me
I had very little contact with the management at Modis. When I did, they were helpful and supportive.
n/a
Talent Sourcer (Current Employee), columbus, OhSeptember 3, 2014
Great starter for a recruiter/ sourcer program. Highly mico-managed.
Great team
PC LAN Installation Tech/Help Desk Consultant (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great staff
Modis is a consulting agency who worked very hard to get me on at BCBS which lead to my perminant employment.
Modis IT
Consultant, Client Confidential (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2014
I enjoyed working with a professional staff. The consultant company was available to answer any questions or concerns.
Modis Inc.
Consultant (Former Employee), Livonia MIJune 10, 2014
Worked on a weekly basis directly with recruiters to fill contacts as an on needed basis that included installation of printers and work stations throughout Ford Motor Company and General Motors Headquarters.
Worked on a three month contract with HP to replace copiers, printers, workstations, servers at Ford Motor Company.
Provided excellent customer – more... service and organizational skills relating to technology changeover at Ford and GM. – less
a lot of talk and no action
Talent Sourcer (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJune 4, 2014
Pros: decent starting salary
Cons: daily operations were scattered and made no sense.
I spent a lot of time wasted searching for the right candidate only to find out a senior recruiter had already taken care of it. There communication between employees was either very poor or non existent and caused for much time being wasted. Trying to be pro active here was almost impossible.
Cubicle Farm
Resource Development Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 9, 2014
Pros: great work life balance, great coworkers
Cons: slow and repetitive
Modis is a great company for someone who wants to sit in an office looking at a computer screen all day. Unless IT Recruiting is your passion, stay away. My co-workers and Managing Director were great, but I did not enjoy the slow pace and my numbers showed that.
Good Staffing Agency
Regional IS Support Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great work environment good people
Cons: short term temporary work
Hired to work at Cozen O'Connor to handle all technical operations in the 75 user office.
Document management systems support
Metadata management investigations
Printer support
hardware and software support
Network monitoring
Great entry level position
IT Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great entry level position
Cons: n/a
Troubleshoot/installed/configured network printers for Quest Diagnostics via phone and scheduled follow-ups. Communicated and bridged productive relationships with doctors, managers, and associates related to Quest products. Escalated unresolved technical equipment issue to Tier 2 and 3 while consulting staff members for possible solutions
Wish I had never accepted this contract job with Modis
Support Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: they connected me to an opportunity
Cons: low pay, no benefits, no time off, no advancement opportunities
I was not familiar with recruiters or W2 contracts and now I am stuck in an open-ended contract that I was not able to negotiate. The pay is way below market value and I receive no paid time off, not even for national holidays or days when my work site is closed. These are all factors that were not explained to me during the interview and on-boarding – more... process. When I try to bring my concerns forward to my Modis contacts, I get told that I am "lucky to have a job" and I am always reminded that we live in an "at will" employment state. On the other hand, I am expected to display a higher level of commitment to my managers at my work site, go the extra mile, work odd hours, be a good team player, etc. I don't understand what I am expected to do; I am losing money every month and I have been basically laughed at for wanting a raise or actual benefits. My only option seems to go back to the job hunt.

I feel that I have been painted into a corner. Modis, my job site, and I are all fighting for the same dollar. Frankly, its collusion. My job site does not want to part with any extra money and neither does Modis, so where does that leave me? I just don't understand how this is an ethical relationship whatsoever. I appreciate the connection that Modis made for me with the client but I have no need for them to be around anymore. They receive a cut from my overall contract value for doing absolutely nothing for me. I understand them receiving a percentage as a finders fee but prolonging the relationship and profiting from it without providing any value is pretty much what a pimp does, right?

What hurts more is that there are other contractors at my work site who work for other recruiting agencies and they get benefits and bonuses and holidays off as well as advancement opportunities. When bringing this forward to my Modis contacts, I get a nice mesh of eyes rolling, shoulders shrugging, and my favorite line: "it is what it is".

Never again, Modis...fool me once.... – less
A place to gain a lot of experience. Good group to be a part of
Tech Support (Current Employee), Washinfton DCNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good assigments
Cons: not enough work
I am usually alone when working with Modis, but the times I had the pleasure of working with other people it was great. The management is very easy to work with and cares about their employees. My days with Modis usually consist of installing hardware for future workstations for new employees or new equipment for existing staff. I would say the only – more... hard part about working with Modis is not being able to temp for them on certain days. – less
A good first experience for me
Digital Publishing Specialist (Current Employee), Redwood City, CaliforniaOctober 29, 2013
I learned a lot of skillsets while I was on the job here. For more information, please refer to my resume.
Very good staff
Sr. Perl Developer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2013
Very supporting administrative staff
Management listen your voice.
Timely pay
DoD contract supplier
Drafting Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: discounts and clearances
Cons: depeneded on government for job
Worked well within a team for several projects. I learned not all drafting is exact. My co-workers were well informed on the same subjects such as myself. The hardest part of the job would be all the government training and paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the the job was working with AutoCAD and like minded individuals.
Modis assigned you and left you to do the job
Project Controls Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: self directed
Cons: little to no contact when company changed ownership
Over a 6 year assignment. I was place with one client that continued to renew the contract every December.
Avoid at all costs
Recruiter (Current Employee), Englewood, COAugust 20, 2013
Cons: management, pay, advancement, integrity, clients
I’ve worked with Modis as a Strategic Delivery Center Recruiter for just over a year and can easily say it is has gradually become the most awful job I’ve ever had. There were so many promises made during my initial interviews that made this opportunity seem great; however it was all a pile of lies. Almost all of the clients you recruit for are listed – more... on the “Top 10 worst companies to work for.” This is accompanied by working under a management team that is so pathetically under qualified it will make you sick. Another detail worth mentioning is the pay. Instead of receiving a commission off the gross margin every month, you get a flat payout of $250 or $700 per placement. Regardless if you have placed a high level Project Manager that will profit the company over $80K during their contract duration, your pay is set at the above listed amounts. Almost all of the accounts I’ve recruited for are strictly VMS clients which means you have zero control of the process. You literally compete against 25+ competitors and there is no pipelining process in place. Most of my day is spent apologizing to candidates for wasting their time sending a resume over to a Modis client. It has been a joke working for this company and I can’t wait to get out of here. I would keep away from this company at all costs. – less
Good Experience
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2013
Pros: good income
Cons: micro managed
Worked independently on managing accounts and developing new business.
dedicated co-workers, fun atmosphere
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
Pros: monthy pot luck lunches that turned into an all day feeding frenzy
Cons: commute
Just like with any job, there were good days and there were bad days, but there was always someone there you could talk to. It was rewarding to be able to help people with whatever issues they were dealing with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Modis IT

Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, – Read more