Modis IT

Modis IT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Government IT project
Business Analyst / Marketing (Former Employee), Halifax NSSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: body shop
Government project that was seriously messed up by the government. MODIS did and is doing everything possible to meet client expectations.
Great team
PC LAN Installation Tech/Help Desk Consultant (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great staff
Modis is a consulting agency who worked very hard to get me on at BCBS which lead to my perminant employment.
Modis IT
Consultant, Client Confidential (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2014
I enjoyed working with a professional staff. The consultant company was available to answer any questions or concerns.
Modis Inc.
Consultant (Former Employee), Livonia MIJune 10, 2014
Worked on a weekly basis directly with recruiters to fill contacts as an on needed basis that included installation of printers and work stations throughout Ford Motor Company and General Motors Headquarters.
Worked on a three month contract with HP to replace copiers, printers, workstations, servers at Ford Motor Company.
Provided excellent customer – more... service and organizational skills relating to technology changeover at Ford and GM. – less
a lot of talk and no action
Talent Sourcer (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJune 4, 2014
Pros: decent starting salary
Cons: daily operations were scattered and made no sense.
I spent a lot of time wasted searching for the right candidate only to find out a senior recruiter had already taken care of it. There communication between employees was either very poor or non existent and caused for much time being wasted. Trying to be pro active here was almost impossible.
Cubicle Farm
Resource Development Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 9, 2014
Pros: great work life balance, great coworkers
Cons: slow and repetitive
Modis is a great company for someone who wants to sit in an office looking at a computer screen all day. Unless IT Recruiting is your passion, stay away. My co-workers and Managing Director were great, but I did not enjoy the slow pace and my numbers showed that.
Good Staffing Agency
Regional IS Support Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great work environment good people
Cons: short term temporary work
Hired to work at Cozen O'Connor to handle all technical operations in the 75 user office.
Document management systems support
Metadata management investigations
Printer support
hardware and software support
Network monitoring
Great entry level position
IT Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great entry level position
Cons: n/a
Troubleshoot/installed/configured network printers for Quest Diagnostics via phone and scheduled follow-ups. Communicated and bridged productive relationships with doctors, managers, and associates related to Quest products. Escalated unresolved technical equipment issue to Tier 2 and 3 while consulting staff members for possible solutions
A place to gain a lot of experience. Good group to be a part of
Tech Support (Current Employee), Washinfton DCNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good assigments
Cons: not enough work
I am usually alone when working with Modis, but the times I had the pleasure of working with other people it was great. The management is very easy to work with and cares about their employees. My days with Modis usually consist of installing hardware for future workstations for new employees or new equipment for existing staff. I would say the only – more... hard part about working with Modis is not being able to temp for them on certain days. – less
A good first experience for me
Digital Publishing Specialist (Current Employee), Redwood City, CaliforniaOctober 29, 2013
I learned a lot of skillsets while I was on the job here. For more information, please refer to my resume.
Very good staff
Sr. Perl Developer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2013
Very supporting administrative staff
Management listen your voice.
Timely pay
DoD contract supplier
Drafting Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: discounts and clearances
Cons: depeneded on government for job
Worked well within a team for several projects. I learned not all drafting is exact. My co-workers were well informed on the same subjects such as myself. The hardest part of the job would be all the government training and paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the the job was working with AutoCAD and like minded individuals.
Modis assigned you and left you to do the job
Project Controls Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: self directed
Cons: little to no contact when company changed ownership
Over a 6 year assignment. I was place with one client that continued to renew the contract every December.
Avoid at all costs
Recruiter (Current Employee), Englewood, COAugust 20, 2013
Cons: management, pay, advancement, integrity, clients
I’ve worked with Modis as a Strategic Delivery Center Recruiter for just over a year and can easily say it is has gradually become the most awful job I’ve ever had. There were so many promises made during my initial interviews that made this opportunity seem great; however it was all a pile of lies. Almost all of the clients you recruit for are listed – more... on the “Top 10 worst companies to work for.” This is accompanied by working under a management team that is so pathetically under qualified it will make you sick. Another detail worth mentioning is the pay. Instead of receiving a commission off the gross margin every month, you get a flat payout of $250 or $700 per placement. Regardless if you have placed a high level Project Manager that will profit the company over $80K during their contract duration, your pay is set at the above listed amounts. Almost all of the accounts I’ve recruited for are strictly VMS clients which means you have zero control of the process. You literally compete against 25+ competitors and there is no pipelining process in place. Most of my day is spent apologizing to candidates for wasting their time sending a resume over to a Modis client. It has been a joke working for this company and I can’t wait to get out of here. I would keep away from this company at all costs. – less
Good Experience
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2013
Pros: good income
Cons: micro managed
Worked independently on managing accounts and developing new business.
dedicated co-workers, fun atmosphere
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
Pros: monthy pot luck lunches that turned into an all day feeding frenzy
Cons: commute
Just like with any job, there were good days and there were bad days, but there was always someone there you could talk to. It was rewarding to be able to help people with whatever issues they were dealing with.
Standard contract at Ford Motor Credit.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Dearborn, MI - Ford CreditJuly 31, 2013
Cons: no job security
This was contract at Ford Motor Credit thru MODIS. I was assigned Cobol mainframe work that that had complication dates. I learned the interworking of the Global Securitization business. I also learned to use the IBM tool File-Manger.
I did not find anything hard about this assignment. The analysts that I work with at Ford Motor Credit were very knowledgeable. – more... This made the assignments enjoyable. – less
See below
Sales Manager (Former Employee), GloballyJuly 17, 2013
Sales Manager (promoted from Sales Consultant)-B2B IT, SAP, ERP, CRM, BI & EAI Solutions, Svs & Projects globally.
Contracting company
Content Specialist/Contractor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 13, 2013
Pros: freindly staff
Cons: sense of fending yourself
Modis is a contracting company. On occasision they might contact, but for the most part, once your are in the position you are on your own.
Great experience...
ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJune 28, 2013
Modis obtained an interview and had me working the following week. I would recommend them to anyone.

1 2 3 4

About Modis IT

Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, – Read more