Modis IT Employee Review

Wish I had never accepted this contract job with Modis
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA9 November 2013
I was not familiar with recruiters or W2 contracts and now I am stuck in an open-ended contract that I was not able to negotiate. The pay is way below market value and I receive no paid time off, not even for national holidays or days when my work site is closed. These are all factors that were not explained to me during the interview and on-boarding process. When I try to bring my concerns forward to my Modis contacts, I get told that I am "lucky to have a job" and I am always reminded that we live in an "at will" employment state. On the other hand, I am expected to display a higher level of commitment to my managers at my work site, go the extra mile, work odd hours, be a good team player, etc. I don't understand what I am expected to do; I am losing money every month and I have been basically laughed at for wanting a raise or actual benefits. My only option seems to go back to the job hunt.

I feel that I have been painted into a corner. Modis, my job site, and I are all fighting for the same dollar. Frankly, its collusion. My job site does not want to part with any extra money and neither does Modis, so where does that leave me? I just don't understand how this is an ethical relationship whatsoever. I appreciate the connection that Modis made for me with the client but I have no need for them to be around anymore. They receive a cut from my overall contract value for doing absolutely nothing for me. I understand them receiving a percentage as a finders fee but prolonging the relationship and profiting from it without providing any value is pretty much what a pimp does,
  more... right?

What hurts more is that there are other contractors at my work site who work for other recruiting agencies and they get benefits and bonuses and holidays off as well as advancement opportunities. When bringing this forward to my Modis contacts, I get a nice mesh of eyes rolling, shoulders shrugging, and my favorite line: "it is what it is".

Never again, Modis...fool me once....
Pros
they connected me to an opportunity
Cons
low pay, no benefits, no time off, no advancement opportunities

Other Modis IT Employee Reviews

Government IT project
Business Analyst / Marketing (Former Employee) –  Halifax NS6 September 2012
Government project that was seriously messed up by the government. MODIS did and is doing everything possible to meet client expectations.
Pros
great people
Cons
body shop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Modis IT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6