Role: Contract Specialist
The Contract Specialist will have operational responsibility for the centralized contractor’s program office across Canada. The Contract Specialist will serve as a primary liaison with hiring managers to guide them through the contractor acquisition process and use of the vendor management system, and will act as the primary liaison with staffing agencies for requisition engagement, screening and hiring. They will work closely with the business to provide contractor subject matter expertise, user counseling, problem resolution, and management reporting. The Contract Specialist will play an integral role in ongoing supplier governance and ensuring that appropriate value-for-money is achieved through the life of contractual agreements.
- Consult with engagement managers and business units and the agencies, and to consistently deliver contractor candidates with the right skills for their requirements.
- Obtain contractor resources at the most competitive rates within the timelines required and within the defined rate card.
- Provide contractor & agency market knowledge (including general availability of skills, rates guidelines etc) and rate consultation
- Distribution of requisitions to staffing agencies
- Agency resume screening, interview coordination, offer presentation, negotiation, documentation completion on-boarding and off-boarding
- Conduct regular follow up with managers/business units to ensure contract success and to provide early mitigation of issues
- Create and maintain candidate, client and job records in applicant tracking system
- Problem resolution for any variances from the predefined system/process
- Communication to and training of engagement managers and agencies on contract recruitment process and vendor management system
- Provide regular and ad-hoc operational reports and trend analysis for managers and executives on recruitment process, contractor procurement and staffing agency effectiveness
- Assist in the development and definition of processes, documentation of processes, project plans etc.
- Partner and nurture relationships internally and with external services, associations, vendors as required
- Bilingual (fluent in French)
- Knowledge of and ability to fulfill full cycle recruiting
- Excellent knowledge of the telecommunications employment market is an asset
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to target, recruit, and identify specific candidates for assigned recruitment initiatives, technical recruitment experience is a must
- Strong understanding of recruiting metrics, report development and compliance analysis
- Strong familiarity with procurement process, systems, concepts and optimization levers, particularly the ones relevant to Contractors
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; professional telephone presence
- Strong negotiations and influencing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, consultative and negotiating skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems, and work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Creative, self-starter, inquisitive, intuitive and multi-task oriented
- High energy, enthusiastic, resourceful and results driven
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Collaborative-team orientation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluently bilingual in English and French is mandatory
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree and/or minimum 4-7 years equivalent experience, preferably both in large complex corporate and agency environments
- Proven experience in developing and managing successful relationships with suppliers, executives, hiring manager and contractors
- Experience working vendor management systems (VMS). Experience working with Fieldglass is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Indeed - 20 months ago
Modis, a global provider of IT staffing services, connects talented IT pros to exciting opportunities at leading companies. We make...