Instrument and Controls Specialist
(Greater Toronto Area)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Instrumentation design support for projects. Scope of activities include: specifications, loop sheets, location drawings, interlock details, review of Operator’s Manual and procurement.
- Program control systems in accordance to industry safety standards.
- Design control systems hardware. Scope includes hardware and software selection, Control Panel and Marshaling Panel design.
- Establish data network and communications with various control systems.
- Provide control systems support for all plants.
- Field Commissioning: Support instrumentation and controls commissioning and provide immediate program adjustments to accommodate unexpected design issues.
- Troubleshoot instrument malfunctions or reconfigure/ recalibrate instruments to accommodate actual process conditions or unexpected design issues.
- Perform control loop tuning and optimization.
- Support interlock check prior to chemical commissioning.
- Customer Interface: Work with consultants and customers to reach agreements on all instrumentation details including vendor and standards to ensure consistency in design.
All qualified candidates will have 5+ years of field experience as an instrumentation technician. You have solid knowledge of industrial automation, level sensors, flow meters, pressure gauges and a knowledge of automatic valves, actuators, PLC's, DCS and SIS systems. You are able to read and interpret electrical and loop control schematics and you have an in depth knowledge of instruments and instrument measuring principals.
All candidates must have a valid passport and the ability to travel up to 25%. You have a strong mix of design and field commissioning experience and those candidates who have worked in the specialty chemical industry are preferred.
John Gilmour, Staffing Consultant
MODERN TECHNICAL STAFFING INC.
905-477-3315 x 306