MODERN NIAGARA Employee Reviews

Very good
Plumber/Gasfitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
Working at Modern was a great experience they have alot of good people who are well aware of the modern plumbing industry and what is required of an employee as well as a company to be successful.
ok place to work
Plumber/Gasfitter/steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2017
ok place to work.job culture is the same as any other mechanical contractor.Lots of decent field personnel, southern alberta management went through a lot of transitions during my time there.
Modern Niagara
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2017
Not a bad place to work. During my time there, I learned to tack steel together when working in the fab shop making racks for the chilled beams. Everyone I worked with was great.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Shortage of material
Amazing place to work and great coffe
Administrative Assistant HR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2017
Modern Niagara offices in Ottawa are located in a beautiful and functional new building. It is equipped with a common spaces like a kitchen with Starbucks coffee machine, and appliances to make sure employees an visitors have fresh and warm food at lunch time. It has a comfortable and full equipped meeting rooms, and a marvelous reading area with at any time you can go and rest your eyes from the computer and enjoy an splendid view.
Pros
Incredible human team work. Self management, always is someone there to help you to meet goals (real teamwork)
Cons
Transportation (only because I live in downtown)
Great Experience
Summer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Summer Project Manager: Overseeing the running of several projects, Onsite coordination, Mechanical and architectural drawing overview, data collection, ensuring proper safety measures are being used.
Company is a joke
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario17 September 2016
Don't get too comfortable. They turnover their staff often. The upper management is a joke. Laying people off is their hobby. Terrible place to work for. Avoid at all costs. A job at McDonalds is more stable.
Productive and really supportive
Pipefitter Foreman (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 July 2016
I am working part of a very supporting team in which trouble shooting and problem solving made for a very successful team.
Continuous Growth and Support
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 June 2016
I have been fortunate enough to have been with this company almost 11 years (so far :) ) I have always felt I've had the support and encouragement to reach beyond my assign responsibilities and strive for more. It never fails to amaze me the abundance of opportunities for growth this company has found. It seems every week something bigger and better is in the works. They are determined to always be the best, and with their professional and passionate employees, they will always will be.
The management is very focused on teamwork and team-building, This makes the work environment so much more fun, as I am surrounded by friends, not just co-workers.

If you are lucky enough to find a job opening at this almost nation-wide, ever growing company, I strongly suggest you apply immediately- you will not be disappointed.
Pros
Great Management, Ample Opportunities for Growth
Don't look for any support
Coordinator/specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 April 2016
It's unfortunate that once you are hired the support you receive is very limited, especially when your immediate supervisor has different priorities than to support you. My immediate boss was too busy teaching at a university, running her own business, and schmoozing the brass to even give me the time of day. Not to mention her personal issues were impeding upon my initial training into the role.

Should you take on a position with an otherwise good company I suggest you insist on support not from her assistant but herself. Let's see if you end up being a priority...in fact seek out her LinkedIn account and you will notice that the unfortunate listing of this company is NOT her priority.

Don't sign the job offer if it has a TERMINATION clause in it, have it reviewed by an employment lawyer.
Pros
Local office people were nice. Except the security coordinator
Cons
lack of support, lack of salary, exceedingly amount of responsibility.
Productive, best learning opportunity, great management
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2016
Modern Niagara was a big collage for me. The management encourages continuous training and skill upgrading of the employees.
Great pay, Benefits and people
Laborer (bonded) location Parliament Buildings (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2016
Although I only worked for Modern Niagara for a few months, I enjoyed it. It was impossible to get to my designated job site because of the Public transportation system not coming early enough. Other than that problem, everyone I worked with was a great influence and I ended up learning a lot about myself and about the trade!
Pros
Paid Weekly, People, Mon - Friday
Cons
Arriving late because of OC Trasnpo
They have some of the worst field foremen on the face of the planet. Do not go to work for there people unless you are a drunk or a jungle
crew member (Former Employee) –  alberta27 July 2015
worst company I ever worked for The foreman were all drunks. The office staff did not seem to have a clue what was going on. The upper management did not seem to care about anything. They allow a bunch of ego driven foreman To run around yelling screaming at all the employees. It was like being in a kindergarten only a kindergarten full of alcoholics
Pros
There were no pros
Cons
working with drunks that don't know there job
Hard working place, Good people.
Plumbing (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 July 2015
Getting everything ready, get ready for a hard working day. ready the skyjack and dont forget tools. I learned a lot of things, everyday there are new things i learn. you cannot learn new things every day. The managment was good there always organized, they were fun and kept communication with the workers. Always asked how you were that day. My co workers i would like them to be fun, caring, and hard working, and not always yelling or grumpy.
Pros
free lunch and long hours, good pay
great place to work good people
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2012
plumbing and fitting everyday
learned about project management in an office environment
management was supportive in everyway
co-workers were great, good people