MODERN NIAGARA Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Continuous Growth and Support
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 30, 2016
I have been fortunate enough to have been with this company almost 11 years (so far :) ) I have always felt I've had the support and encouragement to reach beyond my assign responsibilities and strive for more. It never fails to amaze me the abundance of opportunities for growth this company has found. It seems every week something bigger and better is in the works. They are determined to always be the best, and with their professional and passionate employees, they will always will be.
The management is very focused on teamwork and team-building, This makes the work environment so much more fun, as I am surrounded by friends, not just co-workers.

If you are lucky enough to find a job opening at this almost nation-wide, ever growing company, I strongly suggest you apply immediately- you will not be disappointed.
Pros
Great Management, Ample Opportunities for Growth
Don't look for any support
Coordinator/specialist (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 27, 2016
It's unfortunate that once you are hired the support you receive is very limited, especially when your immediate supervisor has different priorities than to support you. My immediate boss was too busy teaching at a university, running her own business, and schmoozing the brass to even give me the time of day. Not to mention her personal issues were impeding upon my initial training into the role.

Should you take on a position with an otherwise good company I suggest you insist on support not from her assistant but herself. Let's see if you end up being a priority...in fact seek out her LinkedIn account and you will notice that the unfortunate listing of this company is NOT her priority.

Don't sign the job offer if it has a TERMINATION clause in it, have it reviewed by an employment lawyer.
Pros
Local office people were nice. Except the security coordinator
Cons
lack of support, lack of salary, exceedingly amount of responsibility.
Productive, best learning opportunity, great management
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Modern Niagara was a big collage for me. The management encourages continuous training and skill upgrading of the employees.
Productive and really supportive
Pipefitter Foreman (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 19, 2016
I am working part of a very supporting team in which trouble shooting and problem solving made for a very successful team.
Great pay, Benefits and people
Laborer (bonded) location Parliament Buildings (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Although I only worked for Modern Niagara for a few months, I enjoyed it. It was impossible to get to my designated job site because of the Public transportation system not coming early enough. Other than that problem, everyone I worked with was a great influence and I ended up learning a lot about myself and about the trade!
Pros
Paid Weekly, People, Mon - Friday
Cons
Arriving late because of OC Trasnpo
They have some of the worst field foremen on the face of the planet. Do not go to work for there people unless you are a drunk or a jungle
crew member (Former Employee) –  albertaJuly 27, 2015
worst company I ever worked for The foreman were all drunks. The office staff did not seem to have a clue what was going on. The upper management did not seem to care about anything. They allow a bunch of ego driven foreman To run around yelling screaming at all the employees. It was like being in a kindergarten only a kindergarten full of alcoholics
Pros
There were no pros
Cons
working with drunks that don't know there job
great place to work good people
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2012
plumbing and fitting everyday
learned about project management in an office environment
management was supportive in everyway
co-workers were great, good people

MODERN NIAGARA Reviews by Location