Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Based out of the Edmonton Branch, but will support various sites in Western Canada -Primarily Alberta
Cell Phone and communications: cell phone to be provided
Project size: Approx $1M – 50M
Reporting: Western Canada Construction Services and Operations – (refer to item numbers 13 & 14 below)
Responsible for providing project management for assigned projects.
1. Site Manage specific projects.
2. Track and manage pre-established project budget through final competition
3. Drive cost savings and value engineering to reduce project cost and increase margin
4. Review contract documents to insure adherence to the applicable requirements, Provincial and local building codes.
5. Insure project documentation and MS reporting processes are maintained.
6. Assist in the selection of vendors
7. Be assigned to projects to evaluate / manage the progress and costs.
8. Review contractor quotations and complete purchase requisitions (if required).
9. Identify problem and/or risk issues and recommend solutions.
10. Manage project schedules using Microsoft Project.
11. Insure change orders are expedited and maintain change order log.
12. Drive construction and customer satisfaction as they relate to project execution and installation.
13. Provide coordination of site and off-site activities for MS personnel and vendors including publication and distribution of project schedules, coordination and sequencing of work activities and material flows and coordination with customer’s and other non-MS vendors as related to MS scopes and responsibilities.
14. Project communications including reporting cost, schedule, and provide project status updates to customer and various project stakeholders.
15. Monitor and document vendor’s job site safety programs as required.
16. Submit design review reports complete with updated Packages and evaluate progress and audit costs.
17. Correspondence with PWGSC and all sub-contractors complete with all daily reporting.
18. Formalize any bid packages necessary, ensure that all phases of the work are included and no overlap exists, and submit to MS for approval (if required).
19. Perform final review of any tender or bid documents and submit reports and updated schedules to MS.
20. Submit weekly Progress Reports tailored to ModSpace requirements.
21. Procurement of sub-trades and review of quotes based on knowledge of local market conditions.
22. Develop efficient schedules utilizing Microsoft Project for phased tendering of each work package and early construction for MS approval and develop Critical Path Methods (Gant Chart) .
23. Coordinate all construction activities with established MS team.
24. Track pre-established construction budget and report project costs through to final completion.
25. Work with MS team to coordinate the installation process.
26. Assist in the procurement of equipment.
27. Schedule “Substantial Completion” dates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. College Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture or equivalent preffered.
2. 2+ years experience in construction management or related field. education may be considered as equivilant.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Knowledge of national and provincial building codes.
5. PC proficient in a windows environment (Microsoft Project, Excel, Word)
6. PMP designation an asset
7. Strong organizational, time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
8. Valid drivers licence required.
9. Some travel and out of town work required
Building on over forty years of experience and history, ModSpace is a leading provider of turnkey, engineered modular solutions for...