Business Development Manager - Developer Relations
Netflix does video. Spotify does music. Now, Mobiroo is doing it for apps. Unlimited downloads, hundreds of top paid apps, one subscription.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Mobiroo offers the first 'All You Can App' app service for over a thousand top paid apps and games on Android. Mobiroo obtains content from various studios and other content providers, and distributes this content through multiple markets and channels, including direct at mobiroo.com.
To date, we have partnered with 4 operators to bring our subscription platform to 9 countries and will be in 15+ countries across Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America reaching 84 million customers by the end of 2014. Our subscription platform is supported by strategic partnerships with top developers (including: Electronic Arts, Namco, Com2uS, Herocraft, Runtastic).
Mobiroo is looking for a Developer Relations Manager who is dynamic, energetic, dedicated and a motivated individual to become a core member of our team to help grow and expand Mobiroo globally. As a Developer Relations Manager, your main objective is to find and curate top mobile apps from app developers /publishers for the Mobiroo platform.
- Drive the full sales cycle from first contact (cold calling / emailing) with mobile app developers through contract negotiation and close
- Research and develop new opportunities to build long-term strategic relationships with Android mobile app developers
- Execute campaigns from a content perspective in partnership with major operators, handset manufacturers, retailers and distributors
- Daily account management and support to ensure publisher happiness with products, monetization, distribution, etc.
- Define the policies for processing, publishing, and maintaining digital content
- Work with multiple internal teams to define Android app compatibility requirements
- Liaise with Mobiroo’s Asian and South American offices on a periodic basis, may require work outside of office hours
- Execute market research campaigns and competitive analysis, and implement the findings into actionable items
- Creating client proposals; including sales collateral and other promotional material
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, companies, and opportunities
- Ad hoc projects depending on needs of Developer Relations team
- 1-3 years of experience in Business Development, Marketing, Telecom and/or related fields
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate Degree in Business, Marketing or related fields
- Experience with launching, managing, and executing marketing or sales campaigns an asset
- Passion for the mobile space, apps and the general tech industry an asset
- Very strong computer skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experienced with product launches, ideally digital launches and/or digital products
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating with tier-one clients
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Constantly striving to learn and grow beyond your job responsibilities
- A hunger to think of and research out-of-the box new business opportunities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are very important
- High-energy, self-starter with strong interpersonal, leadership and team building skills
- Execute in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Netflix does video. Spotify does music. Now, Mobiroo is doing it for apps. Unlimited downloads, hundreds of top paid apps, one subscription....