MOBILICITY Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive Challenging workplace Great Environment
Senior Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2016
As a senior, its still always a new challenge weather its assisting existing customers or activating a new customer on the Mobilicity network. I have met sales targets every month and kept all inventory stocked up to company standards. open and close store as required. reports and emails all done in a timely manner which made myself very strong in this role. I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
demo line
Cons
one man show
was fun beaucse was in the middle of the mall
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2015
learned alot from here as well
retail sales
customer service
talking to customers
how to accivate phones
what kind of plans differnt companies have
Pros
free acccesiories
Cons
pay was bad
Encourage proactiveness and inhouse training
Network Operations Centre (NOC) Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
It is a very good company to work for they encourage in house self training and doing research, encourage discussion. Management is flexible and sensitive to employee needs. Open concept work place.
PRODUCTIVE PLACE I LEARNT EVERYDAY A NEW THING
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2015
I LEARNT SALES EXPERIENCE,CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ,INVENTORY CONTROL AND CORDIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CO-WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS.
Typical Work Day
District Manager (Former Employee) –  All of GTAJanuary 20, 2015
My typical work day started at 8:00 am with conference calls that lasted until 10:00 am. I would be on the road at 10:00 am prospecting new locations, visiting stores creating promotions and marketing materials. Presenting ways to increase sales, training staff, and negotiating deals with wholesalers for phones and accessories. I would have daily contacts negotiating with advertising agencies e.g.. (radio, newspaper, TV, flyer and printing agencies). On a regular basis, I would pickup merchandise from multiple locations across the GTA and deliver the merchandise to all 65 stores within a 3 day period. Our weekdays typically ended between 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm while the weekends were spent analyzing or correcting store data or shifting our focus if needed. This was followed by store visits presenting data to management while building stronger relationships. I learned how to set up, run and grow a small business but more rewarding, take it to the next level. Our management team was very hands off and co-workers kept to themselves, everyone encouraged you to run your district as your own company. "Sink or swim" was their motto. One of the most challenging part of my position was creating new promotional materials every weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job was being congratulated each month for achieving targets and maintaining the #1 performing location in Canada.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
very long hours, 7 days a week
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2014
Seeing customers go home with what they wanted.
Fun and productive
Customer Service
Corporate, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, OntarioSeptember 24, 2014
You learned how to deal with different type of people when it comes to customer service. I gained more patience towards any other circumstances.
Autonomous work enviornemnt
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2014
A typical day at work involved a combination of marketing new products and services and administrative and operational duties.

As a sales associate at Mobilicity I was required to keep an accurate account of sales inventory; cash and revenue reports while advertising new phones, plans and short term promotional plans.

The ability to multitask, pay attention to detail and be resilient were the most important functions of the job. The Mobilicity location was an experimental booth located inside a metro at the edge of the coverage zone in Southdown, Mississauga.

Locals who often visited the metro were outside the coverage zone which meant they would not be able to get service. This made the phone plans uninteresting to most and helped me develop resilience as my attitude towards selling was unwavering and always enthusiastic.

In addition, I was the only one untrained by Mobilicity. This did not however, stop me from selling the most phones out of a team of three individuals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work without supervision allowing me to apply different marketing strategies every day.
Pros
being able to work independent of supervision allowing me to bring creativity to my job
Cons
difficult to sell a product completely useless to most visitors
Excellent Company
Customer Services and Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMay 4, 2014
Great company to work with, great employees and management. Most enjoyable part is to interact with new customers everyday.
Pros
flexible hours
Fun workplace where I can socialize with people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2014
It's an okay job but the best part is to socialize with people.
Fast paced, ever-changing environment
National Retail/Partner Acquisition/Real Estate (Current Employee) –  TorontoNovember 14, 2013
I was given the ability to help establish and grow the sales channel from scratch. The environment was hectic and fast-paced at launch which grew my ability in different rolls and jobs given to me that suited my strengths.
A great start up company with a lot of enthusiasm and support.
Account Executive Dealer Acquisition's (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2013
I enjoyed working there and loved the job. My team was focues, determined and energetic.
Pros
on the road, meeting new people and flex hours.
Cons
grown rate of the company on the subscriber side was slow.
productive days
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 8, 2013
Well, the typical day at work are greeting customer, assisting them with there phone problems, giving them information about the company.

I learn a lot of of things in this company, i learn how to be a great barter, the value of work.
Pros
a lot of free time
Produtive and fun place
Manager, Mobile Product Development (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, OnAugust 23, 2013
This is a fun place and everybody is working hard. Management team is smart, sharp and also easy going to employee. Cooperation between different team is great! And everyone in company cares about user experience a lot and always trying to improve it.
Review
Store Supervisor, Authorized Mobilicity Dealer (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 6, 2013
-working 9 hours per day

-learned how to supervise a team

- my co-workers are very nice
Exciting, opportunity to learn new things.
Sales and Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntarioJune 4, 2013
New challenges everyday. Always had opportunity to meet new people from different backgrounds. It helped to grow my interpersonal and communication skill. There was a pool of young co-workers where most of them are of same age group; so the bonhomie and the comfortable level of working with each other was pretty good.
Pros
new challenges helps you to groom yourself
Cons
long hours. work on even sundays.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough,ONMay 14, 2013
Great experience by interacting new people. The most enjoyable part is sales during Christmas where you learn to work in face pace with limited time and achieving goals/Targets.
Mobilicity is a great place to work
Accounting Supervisor, Commissions Settlement (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 26, 2013
I like working at Mobilicity because the people are great. There is always something going on to keep the employes' spirit and morale lifted.
Enjoying coffee on an out door event, promoting and selling new products.
Sales Associate, Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  246 Bank Street, Ottawa, OntarioApril 2, 2013
At Carleton university on a sunny day in fall 2012 we had been sent to promote and sale company products and primarily to make customer awareness to join our company due to huge expansions. I learned great deal of customer experience and promotional methods that benefited business and client. I enjoyed meeting with prospective students joining university as it was was introduction week. The most enjoyable part of the whole event was learning and sharing with my co-workers this exceptionally amazing experience. I would love and be more prepared to do an event like such anytime.
Pros
free pizza, pop, water, provided by university of carleton
Cons
it was sunny and i did not bring a hat from getting a sun burn.
new company, not much red tape, still developing
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  BurnabyJuly 25, 2012
Good place to work, get to learn new things
sometimes facing challenging irate customers, good experience to deal with various people
corporate management is great, i like promotional ideas and marketing
good to work somewhere where they do not reap off customers
Pros
fun
Cons
in retail environment no further career options