PARKING CONTROL AND ENFORCEMENT UNIT
START DATE: 02 / Jan / 2014
During a shift the operative will conduct PARKING ENFORCEMENT on private property. The majority of parking enforcement activities are between Midnight and 8am.
This work requires a candidate who is motivated, energetic and skilled at multitasking. The response units are tracked by GPS for safety and we operate 24/7/365 as a highly skilled group of security professionals. If you are interested in fast paced, hard work and thrive on team work please read on. If you are looking for an easy job, this is not for you.
- NOTE: this is a contract position for 1 year in length*
Compensation reflects performance, productivity and prudence.
Duties & Responsibilities of a Parking Control and Enforcement Unit are as follows
*PRIMARY Job Description
o Private Property Parking Enforcement Operative
Up to 15 municipalities possible
Monitoring Visitor parking control and enforcement
Monitoring Tenant in visitor parking control activities
Monitoring and enforcing reserved parking
Removing habitual offenders or derelict vehicles*
SECONDARY Job Description
o Conduct Static Security Services
o Conduct Security Patrols both Internal and External as required
o Conduct Alarm Response
We Specialize in Private Property Parking Control, Security Patrols and Alarm Response
Check out our web site
JOB REQUIREMENTS are MANDATORY
- *MUST HAVE Full G drivers license with Clean Drivers History / abstract
- Able to work night shifts
- MUST HAVE Current Security Guard license
- Current First Aid Certificate
- MUST HAVE 2 years Security Services Experience
- Must have a personal vehicle
- Must be able to operate a vehicle safely in all weather conditions
- Pass authorization on fleet vehicle insurance check*
This position is a fast paced, results oriented and high energy position. It is for those people who enjoy working hard and seeing your results. This is a team oriented position and the right candidate must have strong organization capabilities and like to be on the move.
- Knowledge of Private Property By Laws / Parking By Laws
- Trespass to Property Act
- Experience using Alarm Systems
- Experience in similar activities excluding traffic direction
- Strong verbal, written and electronic communication
- Attention to detail
- Safe operation of a motor vehicle for between 8 to 12 hr shifts
- Flexible work schedule ( expect to work days, nights, afternoons, weekends, statutory holidays )
- Be responsible to; ensure high level Mobile Supports Services standards.
- Be able to converse with the public in a respectful manner at all times.
- Be responsible to communicate with Mobile Support Services should issues arise.
- Be responsible to ensure the vehicles clean after each shift.
- Ensure there is adequate stock of electronic and hand written tickets, chalk etc. If there is a shortage will advise the operations.
- Be responsible to ensure all equipment is maintained in proper working condition. If there is an issue with the equipment, will advise the operations.
- Provide Parking Enforcement of the various cities Parking Bylaws.
o Patrol and Respond to complaints and requests for enforcement of parking prohibitions throughout all Private Property locations.
o Provide parking enforcement during various special events.
o Issue parking infraction notices through computerized ticketing equipment or hand written tickets.
o Coordinate towing of unauthorized vehicles in accordance with Mobile Support Services and municipal rules and regulations
o Act as a liaison with the public in regards to Parking Enforcement Issues/Dealing with the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
o Mandatory attendance at court when requested by the municipality to provide evidence for tickets that were issued.
o Maintain Required Documentation.
o Check all External Doors, Windows and grounds
o Conduct Internal Patrols
o Escort Employees to vehicles
o Ensure facility is in good working order
o Attend the alarm in a timely and safe manner
o Conduct alarm verification according to SOP
- Static Protective Services
o Learn and know all static sites
o Supervise and evaluate static site staff
o Respond and assist to situations
- Ensure all required documents including daily logs are filled out by each Officer, ie vehicle logs, occurrence reports for towed vehicles, enforcement logs etc.
- Be responsible to ensure all sites are being enforced in accordance with the clients’ requirements.
- Will be responsible to ensure you arrive and depart, as per scheduled times.
- Be available to work as a part of a flexible team, fill in on some shifts.
_cover letter, resume and references required_
Job Posted 10 / Dec/ 2013