Mnp Employee Reviews in Canada

National firm with sights on greater things
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Our midsize public accounting firm was absorbed by MNP in 2005. The style was one befit for a Big 4 office.

Productivity, productivity, and more productivity.

Definite advancement opportunities but do not stray from the beaten career path.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryDecember 30, 2015
Great company people were great super work life balance, very professional treated everyone equal benefits were great
Interesting Place
Specialist, National Marketing Strategy (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
Great place to work, long hours, fast paced team, there is a great chance to move up in the organization as it's growing rapidly.
Pros
team based environment
Cons
Fun and energetic place to work
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Fast paced environment with energetic employees willing to help out where ever they can.
During the year and a half I was there I learned a variety of different jobs and procedures. Working with 10 or more Accountants and their students helped me to recognize my time management, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
Tax time was a very demanding time of the year. I found it to be challenging to be everywhere at once but I thived on the challenge, worked over-time and missed the excitement once it was over.
Pros
employee luncheons, christmas parties, employee appreciation days
Cons
Not enough hours in the day sometimes
Growing and progressive company.
ESTATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 22, 2016
A very good company to work for. Rated as the to 50 companies in Canada. Worked with a diverse client base. Work was mostly on my own.
Medicore...
Permanent accountant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2016
Bad management. Big company with small company benefits but big company problems. Don't recommend this job. Good for getting your designation and then going far far away.
Pros
Donut Days? lol
Cons
Lots!
A Terrible Company To Work For
Finance (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 2, 2013
Terrible pay, benefits are ok

Very negative culture. They have values, but they do not practice what they preach.

There is no job security. If you look at your Manager the wrong way he/she will get rid of you. They promise advancement, but never follow through.

Management has very poor leadership skills. There is a lot of Nepotism and favortism, it is openly displayed among the employees.

Workload is hectic and when you ask for a day off, an employee has to literally beg

The good employees there are unhappy and want to leave. The bad employees get special treatment.... i.e. allowed to come in an hour late everyday and go for 7 to 8 smoke breaks per day and leave 45 mins before shift is over.
Strong emphasis on selling and bringing in clients as early as Senior Associate level
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 19, 2015
Waterloo office has a poor culture. Very little in the way of pleasant interaction with people in the office and no desire to support projects.
Pros
4 weeks vacation as a senior associate
Cons
Office culture is cold, heartless, non-supportive
Great Corporate Culture
ANALYST, CONSULTING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2014
-Typical day at work was variable based on assignment type, typically 8:00am to 5:00pm.
-Learned about many different industry sectors.
-There was a disconnect between members of the partnership and senior management at the time regarding staff performance evaluation.
-Co-workers were of all ages and were great to work with.
-Hardest part of the job was finding work to do during slower periods.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting clients reach their objectives.
Pros
breadth of work was great
Cons
limited room for advancement
Challenging work environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2015
Like any place, good and bad points. Long hours in busy season (March, April). Somewhat high turnover. Not much job security.
Involve staff in social gathering
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 9, 2014
There approach is bring work life balance. During summer, work hours are shifted to 7 hrs which one can compensate by working in winter time or against the overtime hours. They care about their staff
Pros
overtime hours which you can bank and later utlize with consent of employer
Cons
i do not see any negative aspects but salary may be factor, being a professional firm
MNP LLP is a wonderful company to work for. MNP LLP has been listed as one of the top 50 companies to work for in Canada for the past several years.
Accounts Payable/Receivable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2012
I started work at 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 pm.
First part of day was to go over vendor invoices making sure all approvals for payment were met and making sure that if any product was received (stationery) that what we were being invoiced for product received. Coded & entered vendor invoices for payment.
However, MNP is mostly a client based firm.
My afternoons were for accounts receivable, client queries & processing payments. Proud to say that I always have terrific client relationships.
My co-workers are a great bunch of people to work with. I honestly believe that MNP takes great strides to show appreciation to their employees.
Hardest part of the job was not being kept busy which was very rare.
Best part of the job was that, from the get go I mentioned that I was not the type of person who needed or wanted anyone looking over my shoulder. MNP gave me freedom to do what I do, set things up the way I wanted and they depended on me to do things right which I did.
Also proud to say that I`ve always have very good job reviews and a raise every year.
Pros
good job, good pay, great team members, always fair, room for growth, etc, etc.
Cons
benefit program could be better
Not what they seem.
Tax Technician (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
perfect job and environment on paper until you've been working there a few months. Management are not great with training or expectations of your experience.

Don't bother working here if you are married or have a family Especially if you are a Woman!
Administrative Assistant-Red Deer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red DeerMarch 3, 2015
Do not work for this company they make it sound wonderful. Horrible place to work people are terrified to even speak about problems. Management is very poor, and no training involved big turn around with personnel. This company should be shamed how they treat employees.
Okay
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2015
It is an okay firm to work at. Accounting firm, therefore long hours. Young staff so colleagues are easy to get along with.
Average at Best
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 11, 2015
They pay well, but management is far from good at leadership and direction. I would recommend working there, however just know that getting experience then getting out is your best bet.
CAREFUL here please, not as it seems. So many other choices, unhealthy environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red DeerDecember 3, 2014
CAREFUL, not worth the risk! Will wooo you over not by salary but smooth talk. Will not follow through with review as stipulated, big guy vs small guy. People scared there and for a reason.
Pros
not a one
Cons
many
Great working environment and friendly staff.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Kenora, ONOctober 20, 2013
I have learned many skills that any schooling will teach. I've gain experience and confidence in the work I am doing. It is a great career starting point.
Enjoy working with the public, peers and management
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKDecember 23, 2014
I answer, screen and direct phone calls, book appointments and boardrooms, track and log all out going mail and parcels, process all incoming mail and distribute accordingly, accounts receivables, greet all clients, scan, email, maintain work area
Small Business Firm
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 3, 2014
MNP grows by buying other companies.

Rahal Warren & Chugh merged with MNP in 2011.

MNP focuses on the small to medium sized client market.

Downtown Calgary, so transit is a problem always.
Pros
overtime is not too bad in tax season
Cons
transit is a problem