Mnp Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
National firm with sights on greater things
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: Long hours
Our midsize public accounting firm was absorbed by MNP in 2005. The style was one befit for a Big 4 office.

Productivity, productivity, and more productivity.

Definite advancement opportunities but do not stray from the beaten career path.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 30, 2015
Great company people were great super work life balance, very professional treated everyone equal benefits were great
Fun and energetic place to work
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: employee luncheons, christmas parties, employee appreciation days
Cons: Not enough hours in the day sometimes
Fast paced environment with energetic employees willing to help out where ever they can.
During the year and a half I was there I learned a variety of different jobs and procedures. Working with 10 or more Accountants and their students helped me to recognize my time management, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
Tax time was a very demanding time of the year. I found it to be challenging to be everywhere at once but I thived on the challenge, worked over-time and missed the excitement once it was over.
Strong emphasis on selling and bringing in clients as early as Senior Associate level
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation as a senior associate
Cons: Office culture is cold, heartless, non-supportive
Waterloo office has a poor culture. Very little in the way of pleasant interaction with people in the office and no desire to support projects.
Okay
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2015
It is an okay firm to work at. Accounting firm, therefore long hours. Young staff so colleagues are easy to get along with.
Not what they seem.
Tax Technician (contract) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
perfect job and environment on paper until you've been working there a few months. Management are not great with training or expectations of your experience.

Don't bother working here if you are married or have a family Especially if you are a Woman!
Challenging work environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2015
Like any place, good and bad points. Long hours in busy season (March, April). Somewhat high turnover. Not much job security.
Average at Best
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 11, 2015
They pay well, but management is far from good at leadership and direction. I would recommend working there, however just know that getting experience then getting out is your best bet.
Administrative Assistant-Red Deer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Red DeerMarch 3, 2015
Do not work for this company they make it sound wonderful. Horrible place to work people are terrified to even speak about problems. Management is very poor, and no training involved big turn around with personnel. This company should be shamed how they treat employees.
Enjoy working with the public, peers and management
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Prince Albert, SKDecember 23, 2014
I answer, screen and direct phone calls, book appointments and boardrooms, track and log all out going mail and parcels, process all incoming mail and distribute accordingly, accounts receivables, greet all clients, scan, email, maintain work area
Great Corporate Culture
ANALYST, CONSULTING SERVICES (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2014
Pros: breadth of work was great
Cons: limited room for advancement
-Typical day at work was variable based on assignment type, typically 8:00am to 5:00pm.
-Learned about many different industry sectors.
-There was a disconnect between members of the partnership and senior management at the time regarding staff performance evaluation.
-Co-workers were of all ages and were great to work with.
-Hardest part of the job was finding work to do during slower periods.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting clients reach their objectives.
CAREFUL here please, not as it seems. So many other choices, unhealthy environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Red DeerDecember 3, 2014
Pros: not a one
Cons: many
CAREFUL, not worth the risk! Will wooo you over not by salary but smooth talk. Will not follow through with review as stipulated, big guy vs small guy. People scared there and for a reason.
Involve staff in social gathering
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Regina, SKOctober 9, 2014
Pros: overtime hours which you can bank and later utlize with consent of employer
Cons: i do not see any negative aspects but salary may be factor, being a professional firm
There approach is bring work life balance. During summer, work hours are shifted to 7 hrs which one can compensate by working in winter time or against the overtime hours. They care about their staff
Small Business Firm
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 3, 2014
Pros: overtime is not too bad in tax season
Cons: transit is a problem
MNP grows by buying other companies.

Rahal Warren & Chugh merged with MNP in 2011.

MNP focuses on the small to medium sized client market.

Downtown Calgary, so transit is a problem always.
Hard working, friendly atmosphere with great health/dental benefits
Administrative office assistant (Current Employee), Souris, MBMay 11, 2014
Required to work a 7 hour day but longer hours during "tax season" (the months of March and April), which is probably the hardest part of the job.
Great working environment and friendly staff.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee), Kenora, ONOctober 20, 2013
I have learned many skills that any schooling will teach. I've gain experience and confidence in the work I am doing. It is a great career starting point.
Staff are disposible , no loyalty or guidence
former employee (Former Employee), maple ridgeSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: no security, no loyality, no respect
I watched as an entire staff of 18 where either fired or quite within a 5 year period. Bulling is reworded with promotion while the abused are fired. Pay is below average and long hours are expected with little reward. Save your health and happiness and work elsewhere.
one of the Canadian 50 best employers
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 5, 2013
MNP is one of the largest national professional accounting firms, one of the Canadian 50 best employers.
A Terrible Company To Work For
Finance (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 2, 2013
Terrible pay, benefits are ok

Very negative culture. They have values, but they do not practice what they preach.

There is no job security. If you look at your Manager the wrong way he/she will get rid of you. They promise advancement, but never follow through.

Management has very poor leadership skills. There is a lot of Nepotism and favortism, it is openly displayed among the employees.

Workload is hectic and when you ask for a day off, an employee has to literally beg

The good employees there are unhappy and want to leave. The bad employees get special treatment.... i.e. allowed to come in an hour late everyday and go for 7 to 8 smoke breaks per day and leave 45 mins before shift is over.

April 24, 2013

MNP LLP was horrible experience to work for. I did admin work they do not train you at all. After just 8 days I was fired for "no just Cause." I couldn't believe who rude they were when they did it either. Then I was escorted out like a criminal well everyone hid in an office to avoid me. They made me feel like a convict, and I did nothing wrong. I know of a Senator in Parliament and was going to write against this company and their attitudes to employers. They do not deserve any Top Employee Status at all. I feel so bad for their clients also.

July 15, 2013

When I was recruited the company appeared like every firm: fun, work-life balance, caring about their employees. The corporate culture seemed really great. It took about 3 months to realize that the management is terrible, the culture is a farce, there is no such thing as work-life balance, and they don't care about you. They just care about the bottom line. I worked for them for over 3.5 years. The pay was below average, the hours were way too long, and the managers and partners treated all of the seniors terribly. Avoid this firm at all costs, there is no job security and they have no loyalty towards their employees! Don't be fooled by the outward appearances!