Mnp Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Something (Former Employee) –  Somewhere28 April 2017
Management has little to do with their employees. I worked so hard for this company and have no idea whatsoever why I was dismissed. This has left me with a bad opinion of this company. I had this company on such a pedestal. All I can say is it's awful to be forced to leave without a reason. No one cares if you do a good job going above and beyond.
Pros
Nice colleagues, receptionist was phenomenal
Cons
Lack of communication, expectations aren't clear etc...
Productive and nice place to work
Lead Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
Most people are mature and professional. My manager was caring, hard working and knowledgeable. The culture at this organization was healthy and hard work was always recognized at least in the department I worked. Great place to grow.
Workplace Culture
Staff Accountant (CA Articling Student) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2017
MNP was a good place to work; however, the workplace culture was disorganized and it did not feel as if employees were all united in a common goal to make the organization better. It was still a well run company but I did not feel like the culture was a good fit for me.
Administrative
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
Training in MPManagement
Database
Expenses
Billings

Skilled young management

Proofreading, formatting financial statements in Word and Caseview
Assembly of corporate tax packages
Pros
Social Committee events
Cons
Clean up of kitchens, reception relief
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 December 2016
I loved working for this company. Partners and managers are great to work for. I would go back in a blink. Administrative assistants can get a bit forgotten in the bigger picture, but mostly a great company.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Long hours during tax season
Salary isn't everything
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2016
As said by other reviews you are woo'd by salary and the promise of growth. However management keeps you in the dark and surprises you with decisions that directly effect you without warning. There is a lack of direct communication and unless you play their brown nosing game you are branded as not a team player. "Work hard, play hard" is their motto. It's really more like drink and socialize with the right people gets you promoted and advances you.
Pros
Donut day
Cons
Poor management, lack of effective communication and career direction
Great culture
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people, the events, and the overall investment in providing training to all levels of staff
Great learning environment, zero job security
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alberta8 September 2016
Pros:
- Great co-workers
- Flexibility in hours
- great learning environment

Cons:
- Expected to work overtime all times of the year whenever needed, regardless of prior commitments.
- Zero job security.
- Do not value employees. If they do not like you, they will not think twice about letting you go.
- Poor management. Managing partners do not know how to manage employees, poor social and people skills .
- Managers/partners never provide any feedback as to your performance.
Great people and experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2016
Continuous learning, Great people and clients, lots of opportunities for advancement, support from partners to be involved in the file from start to finish and develop the relationships with clients.
Medicore...
Permanent accountant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2016
Bad management. Big company with small company benefits but big company problems. Don't recommend this job. Good for getting your designation and then going far far away.
Pros
Donut Days? lol
Cons
Lots!
Interesting Place
Specialist, National Marketing Strategy (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
Great place to work, long hours, fast paced team, there is a great chance to move up in the organization as it's growing rapidly.
Pros
team based environment
Cons
Growing and progressive company.
ESTATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 February 2016
A very good company to work for. Rated as the to 50 companies in Canada. Worked with a diverse client base. Work was mostly on my own.
National firm with sights on greater things
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2016
Our midsize public accounting firm was absorbed by MNP in 2005. The style was one befit for a Big 4 office.

Productivity, productivity, and more productivity.

Definite advancement opportunities but do not stray from the beaten career path.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary30 December 2015
Great company people were great super work life balance, very professional treated everyone equal benefits were great
Fun and energetic place to work
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2015
Fast paced environment with energetic employees willing to help out where ever they can.
During the year and a half I was there I learned a variety of different jobs and procedures. Working with 10 or more Accountants and their students helped me to recognize my time management, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
Tax time was a very demanding time of the year. I found it to be challenging to be everywhere at once but I thived on the challenge, worked over-time and missed the excitement once it was over.
Pros
employee luncheons, christmas parties, employee appreciation days
Cons
Not enough hours in the day sometimes
Strong emphasis on selling and bringing in clients as early as Senior Associate level
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 August 2015
Waterloo office has a poor culture. Very little in the way of pleasant interaction with people in the office and no desire to support projects.
Pros
4 weeks vacation as a senior associate
Cons
Office culture is cold, heartless, non-supportive
Okay
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2015
It is an okay firm to work at. Accounting firm, therefore long hours. Young staff so colleagues are easy to get along with.
Not what they seem.
Tax Technician (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2015
perfect job and environment on paper until you've been working there a few months. Management are not great with training or expectations of your experience.

Don't bother working here if you are married or have a family Especially if you are a Woman!
Challenging work environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2015
Like any place, good and bad points. Long hours in busy season (March, April). Somewhat high turnover. Not much job security.
Average at Best
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2015
They pay well, but management is far from good at leadership and direction. I would recommend working there, however just know that getting experience then getting out is your best bet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mnp. Our community is ready to answer.