Mnp Employee Reviews

Great learning environment, zero job security
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alberta8 September 2016
Pros:
- Great co-workers
- Flexibility in hours
- great learning environment

Cons:
- Expected to work overtime all times of the year whenever needed, regardless of prior commitments.
- Zero job security.
- Do not value employees. If they do not like you, they will not think twice about letting you go.
- Poor management. Managing partners do not know how to manage employees, poor social and people skills .
- Managers/partners never provide any feedback as to your performance.
Medicore...
Permanent accountant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2016
Bad management. Big company with small company benefits but big company problems. Don't recommend this job. Good for getting your designation and then going far far away.
Pros
Donut Days? lol
Cons
Lots!
Great people and experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2016
Continuous learning, Great people and clients, lots of opportunities for advancement, support from partners to be involved in the file from start to finish and develop the relationships with clients.
National firm with sights on greater things
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2016
Our midsize public accounting firm was absorbed by MNP in 2005. The style was one befit for a Big 4 office.

Productivity, productivity, and more productivity.

Definite advancement opportunities but do not stray from the beaten career path.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Great culture
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people, the events, and the overall investment in providing training to all levels of staff
A Terrible Company To Work For
Finance (Former Employee) –  Calgary2 April 2013
Terrible pay, benefits are ok

Very negative culture. They have values, but they do not practice what they preach.

There is no job security. If you look at your Manager the wrong way he/she will get rid of you. They promise advancement, but never follow through.

Management has very poor leadership skills. There is a lot of Nepotism and favortism, it is openly displayed among the employees.

Workload is hectic and when you ask for a day off, an employee has to literally beg

The good employees there are unhappy and want to leave. The bad employees get special treatment.... i.e. allowed to come in an hour late everyday and go for 7 to 8 smoke breaks per day and leave 45 mins before shift is over.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary30 December 2015
Great company people were great super work life balance, very professional treated everyone equal benefits were great
Interesting Place
Specialist, National Marketing Strategy (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
Great place to work, long hours, fast paced team, there is a great chance to move up in the organization as it's growing rapidly.
Pros
team based environment
Cons
Fun and energetic place to work
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2015
Fast paced environment with energetic employees willing to help out where ever they can.
During the year and a half I was there I learned a variety of different jobs and procedures. Working with 10 or more Accountants and their students helped me to recognize my time management, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
Tax time was a very demanding time of the year. I found it to be challenging to be everywhere at once but I thived on the challenge, worked over-time and missed the excitement once it was over.
Pros
employee luncheons, christmas parties, employee appreciation days
Cons
Not enough hours in the day sometimes
Great Corporate Culture
ANALYST, CONSULTING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 December 2014
-Typical day at work was variable based on assignment type, typically 8:00am to 5:00pm.
-Learned about many different industry sectors.
-There was a disconnect between members of the partnership and senior management at the time regarding staff performance evaluation.
-Co-workers were of all ages and were great to work with.
-Hardest part of the job was finding work to do during slower periods.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting clients reach their objectives.
Pros
Breadth of work was great
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Growing and progressive company.
ESTATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 February 2016
A very good company to work for. Rated as the to 50 companies in Canada. Worked with a diverse client base. Work was mostly on my own.
Involve staff in social gathering
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 October 2014
There approach is bring work life balance. During summer, work hours are shifted to 7 hrs which one can compensate by working in winter time or against the overtime hours. They care about their staff
Pros
Overtime hours which you can bank and later utlize with consent of employer
Cons
I do not see any negative aspects but salary may be factor, being a professional firm
Staff are disposible , no loyalty or guidence
former employee (Former Employee) –  maple ridge22 September 2013
I watched as an entire staff of 18 where either fired or quite within a 5 year period. Bulling is reworded with promotion while the abused are fired. Pay is below average and long hours are expected with little reward. Save your health and happiness and work elsewhere.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
no security, no loyality, no respect
MNP LLP is a wonderful company to work for. MNP LLP has been listed as one of the top 50 companies to work for in Canada for the past several years.
Accounts Payable/Receivable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2012
I started work at 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 pm.
First part of day was to go over vendor invoices making sure all approvals for payment were met and making sure that if any product was received (stationery) that what we were being invoiced for product received. Coded & entered vendor invoices for payment.
However, MNP is mostly a client based firm.
My afternoons were for accounts receivable, client queries & processing payments. Proud to say that I always have terrific client relationships.
My co-workers are a great bunch of people to work with. I honestly believe that MNP takes great strides to show appreciation to their employees.
Hardest part of the job was not being kept busy which was very rare.
Best part of the job was that, from the get go I mentioned that I was not the type of person who needed or wanted anyone looking over my shoulder. MNP gave me freedom to do what I do, set things up the way I wanted and they depended on me to do things right which I did.
Also proud to say that I`ve always have very good job reviews and a raise every year.
Pros
good job, good pay, great team members, always fair, room for growth, etc, etc.
Cons
benefit program could be better
Strong emphasis on selling and bringing in clients as early as Senior Associate level
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 August 2015
Waterloo office has a poor culture. Very little in the way of pleasant interaction with people in the office and no desire to support projects.
Pros
4 weeks vacation as a senior associate
Cons
Office culture is cold, heartless, non-supportive
Challenging work environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2015
Like any place, good and bad points. Long hours in busy season (March, April). Somewhat high turnover. Not much job security.
Administrative Assistant-Red Deer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer3 March 2015
Do not work for this company they make it sound wonderful. Horrible place to work people are terrified to even speak about problems. Management is very poor, and no training involved big turn around with personnel. This company should be shamed how they treat employees.
Not what they seem.
Tax Technician (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2015
perfect job and environment on paper until you've been working there a few months. Management are not great with training or expectations of your experience.

Don't bother working here if you are married or have a family Especially if you are a Woman!
CAREFUL here please, not as it seems. So many other choices, unhealthy environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer3 December 2014
CAREFUL, not worth the risk! Will wooo you over not by salary but smooth talk. Will not follow through with review as stipulated, big guy vs small guy. People scared there and for a reason.
Pros
not a one
Cons
Many
Okay
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2015
It is an okay firm to work at. Accounting firm, therefore long hours. Young staff so colleagues are easy to get along with.