Our client is a Winnipeg owned Transportation Company that has been in business for over 30 years. They pride themselves on maintaining exceptional customer relationships, providing quality products and professional service. This multi-award winning company has seen tremendous growth on an annual basis and is regarded as best-in-class for their continuous improvement with new products and technologies. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for the newly created role of Accounting Supervisor.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for providing support to enable the day-to-day accounting requirements for full cycle accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable and budgeting. This individual will be responsible for budget tracking, running reports, reconciling the general ledger, as well as supervising accounting, office, and IT staff. This position is also the main contact for the group pension program, as well, they monitor labour legislation compliance. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an industry leader.
- Review and process all financial transactions on a timely basis, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all projects as directed by the Controller.
- Follow up and resolve any and all issues seeking direction where required.
- Maintain merchandise purchase journal and track post product sales.
- Supervise office, accounting and IT staff in the absence of the Controller.
- Calculate and prepare monthly commission and payroll accruals.
- Reconcile accounts receivable to internal expense and inventory accounts.
- Prepare and process financial transactions, including external cheques, deposits and credits.
- Assist with departmental budgeting and ensure timely completion.
- Prepare and/or perform all necessary GL, account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Work with provider to administer and communicate group pension program to staff.
- Responsible for ensuring company compliance and labour legislation.
- Maintain the policies and procedures manual.
- Generate quarterly newsletter to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience using a computerized accounting system, report writing, systems set-up, basic accounting, and related needs of an office environment.
- Two to three years of full cycle accounting experience or suitable combination of formal education and experience.
- Comfortable working with multiple projects with changing priorities and having the ability to reallocate resources as required.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, principles, and practices.
- Self-starter with a highly energetic, results oriented work style.
- Solid team player with a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Able to provide leadership and supervision to staff.
- Experience using ADP would be considered an asset but is not required.
This role will appeal to an individual who is committed to professional development and wants to grow and be part of a successful organization. If you are detailed oriented, self motivated and can contribute to a positive and changing team environment, please forward your resume to Tara Baker at the email indicated or call 204.336.6107.
MNP is an independent member of Praxity, AISBL, which is a global alliance of independent accounting firms. As one of the largest alliances...