MNP LLP

MNP LLP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoy working with the public, peers and management
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Prince Albert, SKDecember 23, 2014
I answer, screen and direct phone calls, book appointments and boardrooms, track and log all out going mail and parcels, process all incoming mail and distribute accordingly, accounts receivables, greet all clients, scan, email, maintain work area
Great Corporate Culture
ANALYST, CONSULTING SERVICES (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2014
Pros: breadth of work was great
Cons: limited room for advancement
-Typical day at work was variable based on assignment type, typically 8:00am to 5:00pm.
-Learned about many different industry sectors.
-There was a disconnect between members of the partnership and senior management at the time regarding staff performance evaluation.
-Co-workers were of all ages and were great to work with.
-Hardest part of the job – more... was finding work to do during slower periods.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting clients reach their objectives. – less
CAREFUL here please, not as it seems. So many other choices, unhealthy environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Red DeerDecember 3, 2014
Pros: not a one
Cons: many
CAREFUL, not worth the risk! Will wooo you over not by salary but smooth talk. Will not follow through with review as stipulated, big guy vs small guy. People scared there and for a reason.
Involve staff in social gathering
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Regina, SKOctober 9, 2014
Pros: overtime hours which you can bank and later utlize with consent of employer
Cons: i do not see any negative aspects but salary may be factor, being a professional firm
There approach is bring work life balance. During summer, work hours are shifted to 7 hrs which one can compensate by working in winter time or against the overtime hours. They care about their staff
Hard working, friendly atmosphere with great health/dental benefits
Administrative office assistant (Current Employee), Souris, MBMay 11, 2014
Required to work a 7 hour day but longer hours during "tax season" (the months of March and April), which is probably the hardest part of the job.
one of the Canadian 50 best employers
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 5, 2013
MNP is one of the largest national professional accounting firms, one of the Canadian 50 best employers.
A Terrible Company To Work For
Finance (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 2, 2013
Terrible pay, benefits are ok

Very negative culture. They have values, but they do not practice what they preach.

There is no job security. If you look at your Manager the wrong way he/she will get rid of you. They promise advancement, but never follow through.

Management has very poor leadership skills. There is a lot of Nepotism and favortism, – more... it is openly displayed among the employees.

Workload is hectic and when you ask for a day off, an employee has to literally beg

The good employees there are unhappy and want to leave. The bad employees get special treatment.... i.e. allowed to come in an hour late everyday and go for 7 to 8 smoke breaks per day and leave 45 mins before shift is over. – less

April 24, 2013

MNP LLP was horrible experience to work for. I did admin work they do not train you at all. After just 8 days I was fired for "no just Cause." I couldn't believe who rude they were when they did it either. Then I was escorted out like a criminal well everyone hid in an office to avoid me. They made me feel like a convict, and I did nothing wrong. I know of a Senator in Parliament and was going to write against this company and their attitudes to employers. They do not deserve any Top Employee Status at all. I feel so bad for their clients also.

July 15, 2013

When I was recruited the company appeared like every firm: fun, work-life balance, caring about their employees. The corporate culture seemed really great. It took about 3 months to realize that the management is terrible, the culture is a farce, there is no such thing as work-life balance, and they don't care about you. They just care about the bottom line. I worked for them for over 3.5 years. The pay was below average, the hours were way too long, and the managers and partners treated all of the seniors terribly. Avoid this firm at all costs, there is no job security and they have no loyalty towards their employees! Don't be fooled by the outward appearances!

MNP LLP is a wonderful company to work for. MNP LLP has been listed as one of the top 50 companies to work for in Canada for the past several years.
Accounts Payable/Receivable Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2012
Pros: good job, good pay, great team members, always fair, room for growth, etc, etc.
Cons: benefit program could be better
I started work at 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 pm.
First part of day was to go over vendor invoices making sure all approvals for payment were met and making sure that if any product was received (stationery) that what we were being invoiced for product received. Coded & entered vendor invoices for payment.
However, MNP is mostly a client based firm.
My afternoons – more... were for accounts receivable, client queries & processing payments. Proud to say that I always have terrific client relationships.
My co-workers are a great bunch of people to work with. I honestly believe that MNP takes great strides to show appreciation to their employees.
Hardest part of the job was not being kept busy which was very rare.
Best part of the job was that, from the get go I mentioned that I was not the type of person who needed or wanted anyone looking over my shoulder. MNP gave me freedom to do what I do, set things up the way I wanted and they depended on me to do things right which I did.
Also proud to say that I`ve always have very good job reviews and a raise every year. – less

About MNP LLP

MNP is an independent member of Praxity, AISBL, which is a global alliance of independent accounting firms. As one of the largest – Read more