MMR Group

MMR Group Employee Reviews

Great Company
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 January 2017
Great company to work for. Management is friendly,supportive. Good working hours, great pay. Great co-workers. HR department awesome to deal with.
Pros
Salary, Hours.
Cons
Travel routine.
Fantastic and work friendly environment
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB23 February 2016
Very challenging and rewarding work environment, everyday brought forth a new challenge that required at times to think outside the box to come to a solution
Pros
Camps provided
Cons
Quality and professionalism in all jobs
Corporate IT Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2016
All developed projects are signed with quality and professionalism, teams are always the best of the market in all managed project areas.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere
Very busy and demanding job
Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB13 June 2015
 Forecasted and reported for the Camp and Travel department for submission to Senior Management (Bedding and Flight forecasts, Arrival/Departure reports)
 Room allocations and logistics for over 2300 employee’s; including flight bookings, orientation requests, etc
 Implemented new procedures and created manuals which provided efficiency for the Camp and Travel team
 Supported the Vendor Coordination Team in ensuring all Vendors are mobilized to site in a timely manner
 Created, updated and maintained rotation schedules and coordinated camp and travel for all ISCT Vendors on site
 Attended daily and weekly meetings for productivity and forecasting for Vendors and Camp and Travel
 Coordinated room and luggage moves daily
 Communicated with camp staff to ensure accuracy in room bookings as well as camp quality (food and accommodations) on a regular basis
 Provided issue and conflict resolution with regards to accommodation and travel for over 2300 employee’s
 Assisted in completing Document Control for the KID project
 Programs used: INNfinity, Concur–ibook, Visio, ATTASK, Lotus Notes
Productive and fun workplace with a lot of great employees
electrical foreman (Former Employee) –  Mildred lake19 May 2015
Working with MMR was a pleasure. Team spirit was always excellent. with a high regard for employee safety. we completed our tasks with efficiency.
Pros
Top quality tools and materials provided
Cons
distance to travel for work
Awesome place to work , great colleagues to work for and management .
Integrated Systems Completion Team (ISCT) Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 April 2015
MMR was a place were you were given the freedom to carry out your duties, to learn to grow, professionally and personally. You were given opportunity to advance and treated as a professional . I learn so much from my managers while working with them, they were an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Great buch of guys I was resonsible for, good resources, good working conditions, lots of respect.
Cons
the night shift was long at times, night shift for whatever reason at times seem to be left out of the loop.
Great company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2015
Great company to work for with great people. Very safe workplace. It was my 1st industrial experience. I would work for them again if given the chance.
Great company to work for
Senior Document Control Lead/IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray alberta7 January 2015
Great company to work for ... very fair in every aspect. enjoyed the atmosphere for site work.
Pros
great accomidations
Cons
short turn arounds
Awsome place to work, great bunch of people
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, Mildred Lake5 January 2015
Working with MMR is like going to work with family, it doesnt matter the work you are doing when you are surrounded by good people with good values. It makes the days away that little bit better as for the work, it speaks for itself. It is construction and the work is the same everywhere.
Pros
great people and organization
Cons
jobs were to short
day in the life at kearl
Labourer (Former Employee) –  AB20 September 2014
toolbox meeting in morning to see what jobs are up for the day, fill out any paper work needed for work, work with team to accomplish daily chores, always learning new things.
Pros
enjoyed camp experience
Cons
job didn't last long enought
good
apprentice (Former Employee) –  syncrude3 September 2014
fun at this job, good people, short term finished up job, good pay clac union, red site, short ride to work
great company!!!
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  kearl lake project7 August 2014
Great company to work for . every one got along great .safety was great .. work for them anytime .
Shirt work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2014
I only work here for about two months
for
Installed M.I. electric heat trace according to the drawing and test and insulate EHT
Installed panel boxes; grounding equipment; conduit prepare and set up
Excelent company to work for.
Kearl Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kearl lake3 July 2014
I can only say good things about this job. MMR has accommodated any request I have asked and I would gladly work with them again.
Practicum
Practicum Placement (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2014
Laid off about half of the staff, Lots of interpersonal drama, very little management over view.
Fun group of people to work with
Project Administrator/Camp and Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, Alberta18 March 2014
During my time with MMR, I really enjoyed working with my coworkers. Although there was not much security with the job, the rate of pay helped. Great staff and great rotation (2/2).
Pros
Rotation/Coworkers
Cons
Job Security
good company treated me fine
electrical technician (Former Employee) –  kearl lake AB6 March 2014
enjoyed my time working for this company. the people I worked with were great, learned a great deal. lots of cooperation, training available and safety a priority
Pros
Good Management -good working conditions
Cons
Cold winter
Agreat bunch of people to be working with.
HVAC tech (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2014
Getting your job for the day, and your partner you well be with.
To know my way around Kearl lake.
Great management.
A good bunch of men.
Moving a round the plant with one truck for the grew.
Doing the commission of the equitment.
Pros
Getting flights home and back.
Cons
waiting in the cold for buses.
Easy .. Almost too easy
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2014
Stay in camp Wapasu, the camp had everything from Tim Hortons to a Game Room. MMR was working at Kearl Lake Oil Sands at my time of employment. The co-workers all got along with each other helped out when needed. The hardest part of the job was staying awake 12 hours with little to nothing to do. During my time there, I learned what an oil sands plant looked like; how to fix and lubricate doors. the Most enjoyable part of the job was the shift, 2:2. Management was good they did their job they best way they could made sure the need for safety was well known.
Pros
wage, and the pay was really good
Cons
temporary, did not learn very much
Great work and living environment
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  WoodBuffalo, AB19 December 2013
Great company to work for. Management was excellent and the living area was amazing. Food was delicious, people were a delight to be around.
Pros
Flights and food were provided
Cons
Long wait at the airport

MMR Group Reviews by Location