MMM Group Employee Reviews

Capable personel
Sr. Transportation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada16 May 2017
I was 1500 miles from home.

I was in a team designing various freeway, interchange and beltway projects. I specialized in interchange geometrics.
Pros
Top-notch firm
Cons
Far from home
Good pay
Casual - Traffic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 February 2017
Went to Martinsville and counted vehicles and certain intersections. The person in charge was very easy to get along with. Standing or sitting for 3 hours could get boring. Listening to music and the money was good. I leaned about intersections.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Standing for s long period of time
Hard Work, Good Experience
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2015
They work you really hard, but you get interesting projects. Most of my co-workers were very young or young at heart, great culture.
Pros
Young, Diverse, Interesting Projects
Cons
Below Average Pay, Inexperienced Staff
generally MMM is a nice place to work.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 May 2015
Generally MMM is a nice place to work. I left there due to lack of work. But the people and the working environment are nice.
Pros
Sometimes you may work on great projects.
Cons
Marketing and management needs to be improved.
Overall rating is good
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Thornhill26 February 2015
Work on Design of HVAC systems from concept to construction.
Involves detailed calculations and coordination with various stakeholders.
Working at the MMM Group was not fun at all.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2015
After the merger, working with a new company head was not the same. I tried to do my best but it was not working.
Friendly Work environment
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON29 December 2014
Friendly Work environment, enjoy working, improve self oppertunities, upgrade available, cooperative, easy going, helpful, intresting, timely vacations, friendly coworkers, good working environment,
Great atmosphere to learn and adapt to the work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill20 December 2013
My time at MMM Group was a great learning experience. There I learned many technical skills, communication, organizational, and management skills.

MMM group provided me with many opportunities within the company. I worked as a mailroom assistant for my first 3 years, and then was situated in both the accounts payable department and the billing department in my most previous 3 years.
Early morning laid back days
Surveyor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2013
Early mornings, the pay was decent. This is a very well managed company. But this was not the job for me. It is an easy going slow job and has long hours. The hardest part of the job for me was transportation as I didnothave a car at this point. Management was on top of everything more than people liked to believe. The most enjoyable part of the job was it was laid back and easy beignthe assistant I did the labour which was fairly easy (compared to a rig). The coworkers were fine mostly friendly. The hardest part of the job was the early mornings and being on your feet alot.
Pros
easy to learn, interesting experience
Work hard, great people
Senior Drafting Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2012
Enjoy working for MMM, however, when situations arose where my opinion was asked... I feel as tho it was asked for only to be polite and my response was completely ignored.
Peaky Workloads
Student Planner (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON13 November 2012
Everyday is different, I would be working on a different project every day. I would talk to my co-workers and see who needed assistance. I really enjoyed the variety.

I learned how to manage and prioritize my time pretty well.

Management are professional. They keep high standards for staff and they trust staff can meet those expectations.

Co-workers are very focused on their work, yet willing to help me out when I need it. One co-worker in particular took me under his wing.

Hardest part - dealing with peaky workloads. Some days, there would be nothing to do. Other days, there would be five things due at the same time.

Enjoyable Part - Great salary.
Pros
salary, variety of work
Cons
sometimes, there is too much work needed to be done in too little time
Far too serious!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bilingual Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 July 2012
I was put to work from the first day, every step monitored and watched, I always felt that I needed to ask for permission to go to the restroom.I learned how building projects start as an idea and blossom into something beautiful. I learned that this is an environment that is far too serious for me, good while I was there, but great when I was done! I made some really good friends at MMM. The hardest part was leaving and the most enjoyable part was leaving, both for very different reasons.
Pros
great cafeteria, great location, very modern building and sushi!!!!!
Cons
the parking, walking on those concrete floors and the office politics!!!