MMG Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I've always had a great teaching experience which used my professional education. I liked the challenging experiences and my designing them.
Health Consultant (Former Employee), northern area of Chicago, IllinoisJune 20, 2015
Pros: nice cafeteria and rates, great library and helpful librarians, eager to learn students
Cons: as a professional faulty, I didn't have any compalints and problems. If I did they were handled professionally by the Dean.
My typical day was making lesson plans, submitting them to the Dean and following them useful in the classroom. I learned to work with the students who were slow learners and gave them after class time. The Dean and other college administrators were very professional and available for the faculty when and if needed.
the other faculty were very professional and well prepared in the classroom and were fair evaluators. the hardest part of the job was the driving to and from the school in the frigid, snowy weather. the classrooms were well stocked and equipment was always available for visual mediums.
A mixed bag
Operations Director (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: relaxed, non-corporate atmosphere, interesting work/people
Cons: non-competitive salary/benefits package, glass ceiling
As someone who worked at MMG for nearly 20 years, I can speak to the environmental stability and decent work/life balance that was afforded to employees. I enjoyed flex hours/telecommuting for several years and the prospect of working for a publisher in the adult industry brought with it unique challenges and responsibilities. Certainly the work was always interesting and the culture replete with self-expression and relaxed standards as opposed to corporate smothering and red tape. The only negative was an overall lack of vision/leadership and a financial system that typically compensated employees at approx 30-40% of market value
Excellent safety record.
Boilermaker/Leading Hand (Former Employee), Century MineDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Colleagues
Cons: Intense Heat - I was however conditioned to this
Century Mine was a great place to work.
I started off with a contracting company, and was able to gain full time employment through my time spent as a contractor. I was eventually promoted to Leading Hand - of which I learnt a lot and gained more confidence within my work shop, and within my team.
The hardest part of being a leading hand was training myself to lay off the tools.
I have been able to work with a very diverse group of people of which I have throughly enjoyed, we had many a good time on site and off catching up on R & R.
I feel that my colleagues and immediate supervisors, made for a safe and happy work place, due to the great relationships that were formed.
productive workplaces ,2X Kitchens,acomadation for 200 people , maintenance of all buildings on site, ablution bloks,treatment waterplants
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), KinsivereFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: barbacques on weekends
Cons: 12 hour shifts everyday
Start work at 06h00 am ,go to managers meeting and discus all work for the day and for the week. Back at the oficce do planing for the week and set out all the wort to the workers. went to all the facillities and do inspection to make sure ther is no emergancy work to do before the workers start working.
Hardest part of the job was to give training on all the non skeeld workers and to make sure they understand what i want to do.
Not so productive company & lossing some of their project.
Piping Supervisor (Former Employee), Rābigh, Saudi ArabiaMarch 23, 2013
Pros: free health care, foods & accomodation
Cons: foods not so good & no free service vehicle for recreation.
I was assigned at fabrcation shop, fabricating pipes spools at three different projects for yanbu export refinery project. I learned to supervised diffrent kinds of nationality. I have no problem with my co-workers because I can easily adjust their work attitude. My only problem with the management they don't have good people to evaluate the performance of their people. But I enjoyed much in this work because I love to work this kind of job. God bless.
fan work place
Crane Operator (Current Employee), Mpumalanga, ZNJuly 13, 2014
Pros: getting free injuries certificate
Cons: days off
I am working 7 to 5 and I am learning more about construction work more especially building a power station, my managers they are the people who understand their workers and lesson to their needs, and co-workers they do their job honestly, courage and with faith, and the hardest part at work is when the client need the job to be done and give the dead line, and the most enjoyable part is when the job has been done and the pressure is not there we will have a braai and get long weekend.
Very small company. Pays well but is not able to keep workers employed
Senior UXO supervisor (Former Employee), Various locationsMay 20, 2014
Senior UXO Supervisor at formerly used defense sites near Jacksonville, FL and Palmyra, NJ. Planned daily operations and supervised UXO techs during clean-up operations at ordnance contaminated sites. Responsible for ensuring that the Work plan and Quality Control plan were adhered to.
UXO Tech III.Performed and supervised sub-surface recovery of unexploded ordnance in populated sub-divisions previously Pinecastle Training area in Orlando, FL.
most enjoyable part of the job
Rotary Blast Hole Driller (Current Employee), Singleton, NSWJune 17, 2013
Pros: challenging
Cons: not enough hours available
Constantly challenging job that requires an astute and dedicated approach to the drilling and mining industry. Challenges can include dealing with long hours often at night, iscolated work environment, mechanical aptitude needed to find and fix faults.
This job requires a safety oriented attitude as various aspects of the work are potentially life threatening. Adhering to SOP and mining rules ensures a safe work environment. e.g. SWMS and JHA
niche magazines
Art Director/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Prior to Popstar! I was Art Director with MMG Media Group for 14 nationally distributed, 4-color magazines. I coordinating the projects for a design staff of 10 and again, did most of the in house advertising, brochures and branding that I did for Popstar! Magazine. I also worked with outside advertisers and worked with the printers, sometimes going to press checks in Canada for quality control. It was a place to learn and grow in publishing.
Great place to work except for the poor management
Team Lead Projects Maintenance (Former Employee), Lao PDR SeponMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great persons to work with
Cons: prison like environment
Bad Senior Management , resulted in many personnel resigning , Draconian rules and regulations. imposed by new Manager
Work colleagues excellent , national personnel great to work with. good to forge lasting friendships.

Job was challenging being a greenfield site and the pay was excellent
Patient Advocate
Satellite Office Mgr (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting patients
Cons: sometimes working a distance away in the winter time.
The reason I worked for this company is because I wanted to have more interaction with Patients, helping them with thier questions decisions with procedures, and helping them with their insecurities of undergoing a Colonoscopy or an Endoscopy with Anesthesia.
Great company with excellent safety culture
Heavy Vehicle Electrician/Relief Leading Hand (Former Employee), Century MineDecember 9, 2015
Pros: great place to work and great people to work with
I worked for MMG for 9 years
It was well managed and the workforce had a great sense of comrardery.
They paid competitive wages and had an excellent safety culture
Work
Senior Exploration Geologist (Current Employee), ZambiaOctober 20, 2015
Pros: wealth of experience - great team
Cons: lack of support for my career development
MMG is a great company to work for. there is a wealth of experience in its people and resources. the learning curve is steep and very good for experience as a seasoned geologist.
working hard and earn for my family
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Jubail Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaDecember 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healtcare
use always a proper tools for the materials,how to make the safe and easy way.follow the rules of the company.fighting is not allow,overhead grinding using a angle grinder,be a part of the company.
Good Workplace
Manager (Former Employee), Sepon, LaosMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free accommodation and meals
Cons: work / life balance
Work was interesting and varied set against an industrious set of KPI's. I learnt the importance of teamwork in a multicultural diverse remote setting which i will use for the rest of my life.
A good company for long term jobs but these days facing financial crisis.
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Jeddah KsaNovember 23, 2012
Pros: good company for log term
Cons: long working hours, not suitable for people having family in ksa
A very good company to work in KSA but these days facing financial crisis.
Interesting to work,learn and gain more experience
EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Dammam, S04July 8, 2013
Pros: free meals, board and lodging
Cons: but the way they cooked not so good..
A nice company to work with before but as years passed company has gone low and projects diminished as well.
Account Management, New Account Procurement, Sales Training, Sales Analysis
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2012
MMG Corp / Paris Accesories, experienced 24 years longevity and growth through unsurpassed quality of service to both customer and company.
Very unstable
Associate Creative Director / Senior Copywriter (Former Employee), Doha, DAWJuly 22, 2014
Huge staff turnover. People are hired and fired all the time. Clients badly handled. Some great creatives who can't have a say in how the company is managed.
good small company
mining superintendent (Former Employee), singleton baseApril 17, 2013
Pros: company car
Cons: sometimes working away from home
i enjoyed all aspects of my work with mmg .unfortunately with this current downturn all of our contracts have been terminated.