MMC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
In dire need of Organizational Change Management
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: consistent employment
Cons: difficult working environment, lack of training, no work from home policy
This company has a lot of potential. Presently, it is being held back as an organization by organizational structures that were developed when it was smaller. Departmental silos, ownership of processes, inability to adapt to changing environment are typical of the organization.
However, there are a lot of good people in the organization and it could be a great place to retire.

Raises are determined organizationally and as a part of the budget, if the organization needs it all management takes a reduction in cost of living raises. This means that over the years unless you advance in the organization you will end up earning less than when you started when adjusting for inflation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the processes of different departments and meeting other people with different backgrounds.

Shortly after joining the company you learn about 'Monte time' - in which the progress of just about anything in the normal world should be doubled or even tripled. This can be quite an adjustment depending on your earlier employment - specifically coming from the consulting world.

Staying at this employer over long periods of time rewards you with not getting training except the bare minimum required for your job. The net result is that the longer you stay the less your job skills are relevant in the outside world.
The worst customers that you can imagine
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I cannot believe what goes on at this call center-the customers here get some types of state benefits and all of them a low class and extremely un-educated!!!!!! All they care about is where their money went- and why they don't have any money on their card. Here's a clue - you spent it all on McDonalds, Netflix, Redbox, Nail Salons, Liquor Stores, and the list goes on- Then they call us and tell the reps they didn't make any of those transactions and we have to do disputes on these transactions. They are all lairs, mentally ill people and the hardest part of my job is trying to be nice to them. Management is another part of the problem - all they care about is numbers-they all run around with walkie talkies, running to our cubciles to see why we are on a long call, or what's the problem. They serve no purpose-we get in trouble if we have a long call, we get in trouble in were are on aux, we get in trouble for being too nice or meaning trying to show some compassion to these so called deserving low lives that are receiving some type of State Benefits!!!
Now maybe everyone can understand why their turn-over rate here is over 95% and will continue to grow even higher. Stay away from here!!!
Great job in the office, with one on one patient care, monday through friday.
LPN at Meadville Medical Center (Current Employee), Meadville, PASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: weekends off, paid vacation and paid holidays off. great health care benefits.
Cons: difficulty with advancing, and non competative pay.
I love my job, i find that being a nurse, was always my calling. Even as a small child my parents mentioned i wanted a medical supply kit, while other little girls were asking for barbies and candy.

I am a twin, and have very stron family values. I have in the past been over to over come some very big health battles personally, and can personally relate, to the fearful anxious patient and comfort them appropriatlet.

I really enjoy my coworkers, i have grown very close to them. They have all become like family.

The hardest part of my job, is having to deliver news to patients, that is not always good. But the important thing i can do, is patiently listen, and offer them any form of outisde help, such as counceling, whatever they may need, and just be a good listener, and try to answer any questions they may have as been and as gentley as possible.
Productive and tiring.
Persian Head Chef (Current Employee), KuwaitJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free drinks and meal.
Cons: long working hours
Starts the day with line checking, staff briefing, checking supplies, and preparing the food. I learned to adapt new things while in the company like: checking the competitors, the new process in requesting supplies by using new programs used by the company, and new ways of improving my culinary skills by producing new modern dishes for the company.

Though it is hard in making new dishes, the working hours is also tiring. The hardest part of the job is when supplies for the store are not coming especially during the busy days. Also, when some equipment are broken that hinders the operation of the kitchen.

But even if it is hard, there are times that I enjoy the company of my staff and also the service staff especially when we meet the budget for the month.
Very good environment
Cabin Stewardess (Former Employee), Manila, P00April 20, 2015
Pros: everything is free
Cons: long hours
-a typical day at work is to clean all the rooms assigned to me from make up room to light turn down. I have 24 cabins.
-i learned to be efficient and effective in providing quality service to the passengers
-the management is working diligently to make sure that the company standards are met all through out the shift
-my co workers are friendly even if we are from different parts of the globe
-the hardest part of the job is when you are really physically exhausted
-the most enjoyable part is when your passenger is really happy and thankful to have you around
Working at MMC
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: giving good patient care with a smile.
Cons: i know i can't make everybody happy but i do try to put a smile on their face.
Working in the medical field all my life I love taking care of my patient I treat all my patient as if they are my family.Giving patient your best is my goal when go home after 12 hours I know I give my the best I can give and I give extra.My management enjoy me as a value worker.I help my co workers in anyway I can assit them.It not nothing hard about my job .The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my patient face and family on how I give their family good patient care.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: good money
Cons: you were not aloud to have anything at your desk so making it thru a slow day was hard
They train you in every aspect of the position. There is great potential to make really good money with overtime. You come in and answer calls all day. You get to talk to a wide variety of people all over the US. The people that I worked with were all very nice and would help if you had questions. The hardest part of my job was not being able to please the unpleaseable.. Some people you just can't make happy.
Part of team
ILS Medic (Former Employee), JohannesburgDecember 4, 2012
Pros: sometimes free meals, good salary.
Cons: long hours
See new things you never thought you would see, meet new and interesting people while they enjoy life through sport events, expo's and concerts. Colleagues have great knowledge and expertise in event medical management and teamwork.
Best part is being part of the event what ever it may be example 20's cricket at Super sport park, Rock shows at the botanical gardens or lifestyle expo's. The event is always lively.
Hardest part is treating a life threatening injury or illness quickly and professionally.
A complex but good place to work.
Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: drug company provided free lunch.
Cons: short or very few breaks
During my 26 years of practice I have learned how to work with many different types of people. MMC provided a pleasant work environment with friendly and competent co-workers of whom are still friends. I enjoyed helping patients with their problems and health concerns. Many of the patients I took care of I had known since they were infants. A very rewarding work experience.
Ok place to work
Pipe-fitter/Supervisor (Current Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaApril 15, 2013
Pros: great atmoshphere
Cons: below average pay
This is overall a pretty decent job. As any job their are some pros and cons. Typically work for me consists of non stop activities and coordination of work from start to finish. Management team is great. The hardest part of my job is not being compensated for the work that I perform. The most enjoyable part of my job is the finished product and the ability to say this was done due to my hard work and dedication and the help of my employees.
Quality HR Outsourcing
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), West Hollywood, CAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: quality service, some high level talent
Cons: lack of organization
I spent most of my time providing customer service to doctors, nurses, and admins via the telephone and email. I answered benefit questions, payroll related issues, and data based matters.

My co-workers were diligent and worked to make a difference.

The hardest part of the job was insuring we met the needs of all the clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was researching and resolving matters.
Fun environment to work in
Registration Specialist (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: affordable healthcare
Cons: alot of missed lunches
Typical work day is 8 hrs. Management is not around much. Co-workers are all in all fun to work with, have some trouble makers but have that everywhere. The hardest part could be getting information off your pts while they are ill and the most enjoyable i would have to say is pt contact
enjoyable job
H.I.M. processor (Current Employee), Portland, MEOctober 4, 2012
Pros: all is good
Cons: all is good
I do enjoy what i do , enjoy the customer service , thats what its all about, like all the co-worker we get along great, if some thing comes up we do talk about it. thats a good thing,the most enjoable part of this job is just being here I do love working,here at mmc or any where tha hardest this is not a hard job at all.
Hectic surcumstances
Draughtslady (Former Employee), Nelspruit, MPJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: tight security everyday and long boring meatings
Didnt like the environment.
Co workers rather distant.
Managment was great.
Everyone was basically for themselves. Didnt feel like a team.
Hardest part of job was going into the plant for measurements with all the safety gear and masks.
Enjoyable part was being creative on Autocad
place with great pay
telephon (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2013
Pros: we get breaks and we do a good work
Cons: short breaks
Just working and learning new things and meeting alot of new people the hardest part of the job is when you don't know what you are doing but once you get the hang of it its a whole diffrent ball game the most enjoyable part of the job is doing the job right.
Lots of employees! Fast paced work enviornment.
CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2012
Pros: locker rooms, big lunch room, take out service for lunch
Cons: healthcare, short breaks if your a smoker, only one smoking section in the rear of the building.
Company is good, had great training classes. Was close to my home, which was a plus!
Productive and fun workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: versitily
Cons: benefits
Great team spirit and dedicated workers.
I got a greater sense of team support.
Management was supportive and good leadership example.
My co-workers were one the greatest team I have worked with.
The hardest part of the Job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the day - to day.
Provided inbound and outbound telephone inquiries for state & government customer accounts available services
Bi-lingual Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
I enjoyed learning state & government policy and procedures communicating with offices of Child Support, DHS Food Stamp program, SSI Direct Express, and Unemployment for over 30 U.S. states services.
Job security
CSR/Data Entry (Former Employee), Midland, TXAugust 8, 2012
Pros: pay, roll over benefits, bonuses, mon-fri job, off by 6pm
Cons: policy
I basically had to resign my job due to strict no miss policy. My child was sick with the flu & non pre-approved absence s were counted against you.
everyone kenw there job
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Gila Bend, AZJune 17, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: short breaks
I worked 10 to 12 hours a day I learned leadership foreman of labors friends with all co-workers I had fun and make my jobs fun no hard times. most enjoyable part of job is lunch time