MJR Collection Services Limited Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place for accounting experience
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2014
It is a great place for accounting experience. However, I need more sapce to apply my advanced accounting experience and education.
Good Place to Work
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 13, 2014
I worked at 2 other agencies and I had more support from management at MJR than the other 2 places combined. They were clear on what they expected from me and gave me good feedback. The staff were helpful and made me feel like part of the team. At first I was a dialer until I got my license (about 2 weeks). Dialing is boring, but you learn the basics. Collections can be stressful but I was able to get bonus in my second month and my targets have been reasonable so I can earn bonus every month.
Pros
co-workers, bonuses
Cons
dealing with people who don’t want to pay
Unprofessional
Jr. Collector (Former Employee) –  MissisaugaDecember 4, 2013
I have worked in collections previously, but MJR was a very unprofessional firm. There was absolutely no job security, and they had a very strange and unmotivating system; you "dial" for minimum a month before you start collecting, which is basically robot work. The management was very unpersonable, and they did not bother to build a relationship with their new employees. I've never see such a high turn over rate within a company. The environment was so negative. The hours were so long, you spent close to 53 hours in the office, and paid for 44...
Cons
everything
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  MarkhamJanuary 31, 2013
- multi tasking
- fast paced enviroment
- great management
- out going and incoming calls
- customer service oriented
Jr. Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 14, 2012
It was a great place to get started in my career. I learned a lot about management, hot to talk to people, and most important communicate. Hardest part of the job is talking irate clients. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes very enjoyable.
Pros
lots of incentives

2.5