Mitzi’s Café - Chief Foodie Required (Kitchen Manager/Chef)!
Tucked away on a quiet street surrounded by High Park, Roncesvalle Village and Parkdale is Mitzi’s Café. Our café sits on a tree lined street, has an open kitchen and a great patio for our customers to enjoy long summer days. After 19 years in business, our café continues to grow, most recently claiming spot #11 on Toronto’s best 50 Brunch list. With accolades for our famous oatmeal buttermilk pancakes, ever evolving weekly brunch menu specials and signature coffees and fresh juices, Mitzi’s is growing!
We are looking for an innovative and experience Kitchen Manager/Chef to join our growing team. Driven by local ingredients, food trends and wholesome home cooked food, you will help us write the next chapter.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Kitchen Manager/Chef who can:
- Develop weekly brunch specials – including conceptualizing, sourcing, preparing and executing
- Motivate and lead kitchen team to ensure high food quality, execution and customer satisfaction
- Update seasonal lunch and breakfast menu based on seasonal and local ingredients
- Work collaborative with owners to manage food costs, food inventory and daily operations
- Work as a teammate with kitchen and front of house team to create a unique and memorable experience for our customer
- Be a passionate advocate for the café and our community. Demonstrate commitment and excitement in everything you do!
- Have an open and collaborative attitude for change, innovation and expanding the business.
This is not an ordinary role, and no offense, we are not looking for ordinary applicants. We are looking for people with passion and who “get it”! We are looking for someone who has had strong experience in menu creation – from concept through execution. So innovation, creativity and proven experience are key! It is ideal you have a brunch background. We are looking for someone who wants to join and stay a while. We are about building a strong team with a passion for our customer. So job hoppers need not apply ;)
We care more about what you can do then we do about your education credentials. If you have credentials, that are great…but ideas, grit, passion and proven experience will prevail.
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume and a quick email with a brief summary about why this is your dream job and why you are the best person to join us as our Chief Foodie! Please also include your expected hourly rate. NOTE: Please be mindful what we may lack in salary budget, we more than make up for in creativity, empowerment and awesome team environment. We pay competitively….but please be as realistic as possibly when letting us know your wage expectation!
Thanks for reading this….
What are you waiting for? Apply already!!