Who We Are:
MITKOR Consulting Ltd. is a leader in engineering and project management for high voltage distribution and transmission power lines throughout Western Canada. From the preliminary stages of distribution and transmission line planning to full design and construction support, MITKOR Consulting delivers complete and customized solutions for high voltage projects.
The full time Civil/Electrical Technologist/Engineer will work as part of a team to develop construction packages for overhead and underground high voltage power lines design projects. Scope of responsibilities will vary based on applicants experience and education. This position will require an individual that is hardworking, able to meet deadlines, honest and reliable, attentive to detail, and able to work successfully within a team environment. MITKOR will accept recent graduates.
- Design of power distribution systems for various voltage levels including overhead and underground installations, for a range of service providers across Western Canada
- Working with a design team in equipment specifications, layout drawings, single line diagrams, details, cross sections and electrical/strength calculations
- Design tasks that can include alignment routing, material specifications, third party coordination, estimations, drafting, compliance checks, field reviews, scheduling and computer modelling
- Interaction with other designers, draftspersons, clients, agencies and regulatory bodies
- Ensure that designs comply with all applicable regulatory codes (eg. CSA, CEC, AEUC)
- Working with power line design software (PLS-CADD, SAG10, E-Tap)
- Technical college diploma (Civil/Electrical) or a university degree in Civil/Electrical Engineering
- Proficient use of AutoCAD or Microstation, and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Office)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. MITKOR offers eligible employees competitive benefits, RRSP's and paid vacation.
Please note: this position is located in Airdrie, AB