We are a Mechanical Pipefitting Contractor looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team. This is a full-time permanent position located in Burnaby, BC. Your primary responsibility will be to plan, execute, monitor and control projects in accordance to the contracted requirements and associated budget.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control fabrication & installation projects from start to finish according to schedule, scope, budget, and quality and safety requirements.
- Interface with customers and sub-contractors to deliver agreed upon products and services.
- Work with sub-contractors/trades, tracking hours and dealing with day to day issues.
- Manage the safety aspects of the project with a strong working knowledge of WorkSafe BC Health and Safety regulations and through the implementation of our Environmental Health & Safety Program.
- Perform project document control of Specifications, Drawings, Addendums, Change Requests, RFI’s, Submittals, etc...
- Perform and submit all estimates related to extra work prior to such work commencing.
- Manage all extras ensuring that all cost and schedule impacts are accounted for and ensure on-time project completion.
- Provide the project team with the tools and training to do the job well, review and evaluate technical work, delegate authority, and interpret directives and issue instructions and other guidelines.
- Provide project status updates to senior company management and clients.
- Maintain positive relationships with the owner, architects, subcontractors and the entire project team.
- Act as liaison with the regulatory bodies, client, engineers, sub-contractors and in-house workforce.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years’ of project management experience within the LOCAL mechanical construction sector.
- Post-secondary education in Project Management, Mechanical engineering or Pipefitting.
- Aptitude for mechanical installations.
- Proficiency in MS office including MS Project.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Ability to travel and work on out of town projects approximately 10% of the time.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven Project Management Skills, highly organized, goal oriented, sense of urgency, detail oriented and able to manage changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication, documentation skills, reporting skills, demonstrated confidence when interacting with senior levels both with customers and senior management.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate teams.
Indeed - 4 months ago