IT/Computer Specialist - Job ID#13-03
Job Type: Student –Field Placement (Full Time)
Job Category: Computer Science
Job Industry: Non-profit (Sports Industry)
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Date Posted: April 17, 2013
Since 1981, The Mississauga Soccer Club, also known as the Mississauga Falcons, has been supporting youth and adult soccer initiatives. As a non-profit organization supporting aspiring and recreational soccer players, coaches, parents and the general public, the Mississauga Soccer Club is known for their commitment to player development. Located in the Region of Peel, we support over 2,500 members and are committed to the growth and prosperity of our club – all good reasons to contribute and work for MSC!
The Mississauga Soccer Club (MSC) upholds the guidelines, policies and procedures set out by our corporate values and those in accordance with the Ontario Soccer Association (OSA) and Peel Halton Soccer Association (PHSA). As such, the successful candidate will assist in the design and management of the company website along with general IT duties as outlined below, while ensuring that policies and procedures are held in accordance with the above associations and internal policies.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of an IT/Computer Specialist in the sports industry. The unpaid student or volunteer will be required to work approximately 40 hours per week. Evening and weekend work may be required particularly during the busy season.
Direct Report: The IT/Computer Specialist will report to the VP of Administration
- Interact with membership including staff, external partners, and sponsors in a professional manner
- Maintain MSC’s Social Media Sites such as Facebook and Twitter
- Manage MSC’s webpage and provide updates on a regular basis
- Provide statistical usage regarding webpage information and other requested information
- Provide Customer Service Support regarding in-house and on-line registrations
- Provide assistance to MSC staff by maintaining EZFacility database
- Assist in Monthly Server Rebots and other scheduled maintenance
- Ability to perform internet research and provide findings in a professional and timely manner
- Assist in daily administrative duties as required
- Ensure health and safety practices are followed for all job related tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in computer sciences or related discipline
- Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated ability to perform the job duties requested above through a combination of previous work experience and/or education
- Exceptional skills in Windows based computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, asset management databases and email is a must
- Have technical familiarity with computer / IT products and solutions or related technologies
- Experience using social media applications such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Prior experience with web design and web management
- Ability to work effectively in both team situations and be a self-starter with minimal supervision is a must
- Positive and professional attitude, including appropriate attire is a must
- Ability to take direction from Supervisor(s) or assigned leader
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Interest in soccer is considered a strong asset
- Ability to handle cash is considered an asset
Why work for the Mississauga Falcons?
- Positive work environment
- Flexible work hours
- Involvement in a community/family like setting
- Great opportunity to implement and further develop IT/Computer skills and work with other IT personnel
- Ability to make an outstanding impression to internal and external parties and build strong partnerships for the soccer club through social media
Job Closing Date: April 24th, 2013 at 11:59pm
Estimated Start Date: May 1st, 2013
Salary Expectation: Unpaid Field Placement/Volunteer
Personal information collected during the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility of internship/field placement.
The Mississauga Soccer Club would like to thank all applicants; however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.