Mission Hill Family Estate Winery is the jewel of the British Columbia wine industry, producing world-class wines in the beautiful, sweeping hills overlooking Okanagan Lake. Thousands of visitors come each year to enjoy Mission Hill’s award-winning wines, stunning architecture, as well as our renowned Terrace Restaurant and Catered Events. Many more come to simply enjoy Mission Hill’s gracious hospitality experienced when visiting the Retail Shop or while taking in the Estate on a Winery Tour.
Mission Hill’s culinary team offers Cuisine du Terroir, wine country cooking with the freshest, locally grown, in-season ingredients. Even before stepping into the kitchen, cooks are immersed in the inspirational culinary culture at Mission Hill Winery; walking through our hand-tended Estate gardens every day will be a part of your commute. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to hone their culinary skills and develop professional relationships that will last a lifetime while working with an accomplished and celebrated culinary team, led by Executive Winery Chef Matthew Batey, CCC (Certified Chef de Cuisine), Terrace Restaurant Chef Chris Stewart and Catering Chef Jan Dobbener.
Position: Pastry Cook
Position Dates: End of April – October 2013 (Seasonal)
Apply Online: www.missionhillwinery.com
- Create spectacular pastry menu items for the Terrace Restaurant and Catered Events;
- Proper execution of dishes and pastry items to standards set by Pastry Chef;
- Work collaboratively with Pastry Team and fellow brigade members;
- Contribute to menus and daily offerings;
- Order and receive ingredients as identified by the Pastry Chef.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a pastry kitchen or bakery;
- Excellent technical skills of contemporary pastry, dessert, and baking styles;
- Interprovincial Journeyman’s Certificate specific to baking;
- Comfortable meeting the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs., standing for long periods of time, and navigating stairs.
Mission Hill is committed to the highest standards of excellence and to attracting top-caliber talent. We are looking for culinary applicants who have a:
- Passion for fine dining and for staying abreast of trends in the culinary profession;
- Positive, professional, and open-minded attitude;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment.
Please take the time to visit our website, www.missionhillwinery.com to take a virtual tour of our winery, meet our family, and become inspired by our philosophy and vision. Once your passion and creative genius are inspired, we look forward to receiving your online application through our website.