Mission Hill Family Estate Winery is the jewel of the British Columbia wine industry, producing world-class wines in the beautiful, sweeping hills overlooking Okanagan Lake. Thousands of visitors come each year to enjoy Mission Hill’s award-winning wines, stunning architecture, as well as our renowned Terrace Restaurant and Catered Events. Many more come to simply enjoy Mission Hill’s gracious hospitality experienced when visiting the Retail Shop or while taking in the Estate on a Winery Tour.
Mission Hill offers fine dining experiences like no other in the Okanagan Valley. Overlooking rows of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, guests can enjoy world-class service and cuisine du terroir at our award-winning Terrace Restaurant. The winery is also host to a variety of special Catered Events. From exclusive private dinners to spectacular concerts held in our outdoor amphitheater, events celebrate Mission Hill wines, fine dining, and the arts. Service team members pride themselves on working together to create a memorable and exceptional dining experience by anticipating guest needs and going above and beyond guest expectations. At Mission Hill, all staff have opportunities to grow their skills in Hospitality as well as to continually develop their wine and culinary knowledge. The service teams are led by Food and Beverage Manager, Trevor Allen.
Position: Catering Server
Position Dates: End of April – October 2013 (Seasonal)
Apply Online: www.missionhillwinery.com
- Work collaboratively with the Catering Captain and Team to provide service to a seamless, well-executed, and memorable fine dining experience for event guests;
- Set up and take down of special events;
- Side duties include polishing glassware, moving event materials, and maintaining safe and organized back spaces;
- Develop wine and menu knowledge through regular briefings, educational opportunities, and self-development.
- 2-3 years of food and beverage service experience in a fine dining environment;
- Open and flexible schedule for the duration of the season;
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position including repetitive lifting of 30 – 50 lbs, being able to stand for extended periods of time, as well as navigate stairs;
- Current Food Safe Level 1 and Serving It Right Certifications;
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol in B.C.
Mission Hill is committed to the highest standards of excellence and to attracting top-caliber talent. We are looking for service team applicants who have a:
- Passion for fine dining and world-class guest service;
- Positive, professional, and open-minded attitude;
- A team-oriented attitude and a proven ability to work collaboratively in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment.
Please take the time to visit our website, www.missionhillwinery.com to take a virtual tour of our winery, meet our family, and become inspired by our philosophy and vision. Once your passion and creative genius are inspired, we look forward to receiving your online application through our website.