Mission Essential Personnel Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Director of Processing Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA9 October 2017
Great place to work. It was started by two dedicated individuals who had a vision to make a great impact on the government contract linguist role. They succeeded wholeheartedly.
Some times we had fun with US Forces and interpreters,But some times very hard and stress full life in very dangers areas.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  kandahar and helmand provences afghanistan8 October 2017
I Got lots of experience,improved my English,good paid,.
Besides dangers life, lots of opportunities for present in side of camp Gem,Chow-hall,rooms,e
Pros
free/:, Break fast, Lunch and Dinner etc.
Cons
Emergency health care.
Made decent money.
Sr. Geo-Location Operator / Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GA18 September 2017
Money was good. Job satisfaction not so great. Liked my site managers. Rotating shifts, not fun, but they were every three months so you could get used to them, but it did make it hard for doing anything long term.
working out
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan12 September 2017
It was a great experience as a linguist and translator because I was in contact with a lot of other linguists and culture advisors who I can share my experience and gain a lot more.
Pros
lifting weight facilities were available
Cons
Lack of health facilities
Worse company I ever known or worked for.
Interpreter/ translator (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan4 September 2017
Greedy company that only look out for it's own benefits.

Great time
Interpreter and cultural advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 4321915 August 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Mission Essential Personnel. It was fun working overseas as an interpreter. Travel was definitely most exciting amongst all.
Excellent for military members
Junior All Source Analyst - Records Managment (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VA8 August 2017
Good work environment and everyone is super supportive of military commitments if you're in the reserves. The pay is about average for the area and there is plenty of opportunity to grow.
Temprorary Gig
Farsi Linguist (Former Employee) –  Velāyat-e Kābol31 July 2017
Management success, not flexible, hostile racist co-workers, lack of promotion; mostly based on your security clearance. Dangerous high stress work environment.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Dangerous work
Your taking a huge risk
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Overseas20 July 2017
MEP is a huge risk. Their benefits are great but their health insurance is ok. Great if you don't have family and single person. They have many good positions outside the country
Pros
Bonuses, Per diem
Cons
Out of country
Linguist
Linguist (Former Employee) –  overseas7 July 2017
The working environment is very balanced and you can actually learn and teach something to and from you co workers. I would definately recomment MEP to friends.
great job
Field Support Representative and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Velāyat-e Kābol30 June 2017
everything is so fun. the only bad thing thing about this that you salary will be decreasing instead of increasing. you will get a chance to meet new people every time. nice living area.
Pros
free food and snacks
working in war zone
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Kandahar,Afghanistan14 June 2017
I worked as an interpreter with US army for almost 6 years in Afghanistan and i have best experiences from it .i met different people and places ,helped the army and people with the service i provided.
Poor Management
Counter-Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH13 June 2017
The management was more worried about numbers than the quality of the product they released. This put soldiers and civilians lives at risk. This is a common theme with companies working for the government.
Great place to work!
Combat Marksmanship Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJ2 June 2017
My specific site wasn't always amazing, based on the affiliation of our specific contract. However, the company itself was fantastic to work for. Our program manager and regional manager were great. Never really met any management higher than that. Co-workers were good for the most part, but an occasional employee would be completely unqualified for the job they were hired for. Typical PMC issues. lol... Overall though, a great company! Good adherence to scope of work and contracted working hours. Fairly competitive pay and benefits for CONUS work. Would definitely work there again and recommend.
Pros
Pay, benefits, adherence to contract specifications
Cons
Occasional poor hiring decisions, military-contractor headbutting
Had good opportunity for workout and had fun
Linguist and Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan10 May 2017
Awesome people and good management . Had a lot fun and good memories and some bad memories at all this job was wonderful I liked that . Had good friends
it was in hard place but i did as i can.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Kabul, Afg22 April 2017
MISSION ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL was a nice company. they pay good and they take care of our-times. (MEP) people were very nice
and works hard and they help me as they can.
Pros
the lunch was free
Cons
30 min
Logistics manager review
Deputy Director of Logistics (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan17 April 2017
This was the worst company that I ever worked for. Their management culture was terrible. Their supervisors were incompetent. They were more concerned about making millions than taking care of their employees.
Pros
Cons
terrible management people in charge
Effectively communicates, positive attitude & Smiley Faces
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Kabul, AF1 February 2017
The company Provide linguist service to US Army in Afghanistan they have good management Pay is not as high as other Security Companies, But I truly enjoying the team I am working with
Pros
sometimes gift by Team and invitation
Cons
breaks plus incentives by Team Leader
work
Cultural Adviser/Linguist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan24 January 2017
Being at work daily has a lot of benefits, is teaching you everyday something new which help you on the long run, is teaches you how to manage everything in your personal life as well at work.
good place to work, learned a lot about other cultures
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MD 2109015 January 2017
Contract work so no advancement with compensation, but interesting job and people. Learned a lot about other cultures. Department being moved out of state.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Essential Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.