Working together with the Seniors Support team at MCSS, the Services to Seniors Coordinator will ensure the provision of a variety of services for seniors (through the Seniors Connection program) and the coordination of the Meals On Wheels program in the Mission area.
Seniors Connection is a program that provides support and referral services delivered by a mix of staff and trained volunteers to seniors to help with a variety of needs. Such needs may include assistance with paper work (Old Age Pension, GST Rebate, Income Assistance) and assistance with Income Tax preparation, etc. Current information must be kept on services in the community and Province in order to provide seniors with needed referrals. The Meals On Wheels program arranges to have hot meals delivered to seniors over the lunch hour and requires staff and volunteers to order, deliver and follow-up with clients to ensure quality and satisfaction.
Requirements and Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree or post-secondary education in a related field (Geriatrics, Social Work, Family Studies, Psychology, etc.), or a combination of education and experience
- Program development including experience working with seniors and an understanding of the challenges facing seniors today
- Experience recruiting, working with and managing volunteers and populations from different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds
- People oriented, outgoing, dynamic and resourceful including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other community organizations
- Excellent administrative (including financial and budgetary skills), organizational and problem solving with effective interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Computer skills – at least MS Office – and the ability to learn new programs
- Successful Criminal record search required
- Class 5 driver’s license (no N or L restriction) with reliable automobile
Based at our main office in Mission, this position is budgeted for 20 hours per week with some flexibility required to provide services to our clients. The starting wage rate is $18.31 per hour.
Since its inception in 1972, Mission Community Services has maintained a focus on helping fellow community members who need assistance to cope with the realities of life. What started out as neighbours helping neighbours 42 years ago has evolved into an organization that operates dozens of programs applicable to virtually all populations in the community. You can learn more at www.missioncommunityservices.com.
If you are interested in career like this with a great organization, please submit your resume and cover letter (saved as one Word document) referencing STSC-2014-35 on all documents through Indeed's reply system no later than 5pm on August 1, 2014.