Miratel Solutions

Miratel Solutions Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unhelpful Management, Bad Location, Low Pay
Making outbound sales calls basically. (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: unhelpful staff/management, very limited training, bad location, low pay
It's a very shady company. For starters, I was told I had the job two hours before my first shift started, so I was late (the building is in the middle of nowhere. You have to ride the subway to Downsview then wait for an infrequent bus, then walk for twenty minutes). The "training" was a powerpoint presentation. There was no hands-on training because none of the computers in the training room were equipped with the program/phone system you use for the job.

They're purposefully ambiguous and misleading about what the job entails (you're making outbound sales calls) cause they know no one will take the trip down there for it. The pay is minimum wage - so you might as well work in a fast-food restaurant or a retail store (I've worked at both and it's much more enjoyable). Everyone there is incredibly miserable, unhelpful and rude because it's such a depressing place to work and they all probably hate what their lives have become. I worked at McDonald's in high school and this was honestly a downgrade from that. I know that sometimes you're hurting for money but honestly it's much more enjoyable to work in fast-food or retail.

Oh also, if you ask any questions about your job prepare to get yelled at. All of management has a chip on their shoulder (probably cause you need to really hate your life to work there long enough to become a manager) and use the "I CAN GET SOMEONE ELSE TO REPLACE YOU IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT" attitude like they're Abby Lee Miller from Dance Moms. By the way, the "I CAN GET SOMEONE ELSE" line only works if the job isn't the worst job imaginable.
unstable work
Customer Relationship Agent (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: seasonal employment
Easy work, but it is very unstable. Very flexible with scheduling, stress free environment.
Not much security for job
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: seasonal
I loved working here, because the pay was great and communicating with people over the phone was great, however, this was a seasonal job so apply for E.I every year wasn't going to work for me.
flexible workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: managment too strict
typical Call center environment . management was mediocre, some were fair and some were unfair.
Fun environment
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: contract position
Had a fun environment
was part time position
Gained communication skills
Good environment and nice co workers with different culture
Late night job
Very productive and good working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
I would be put onto a computer and I would call existing customers and try to sell them lottery tickets for non-profitable organizations like the heart and stroke foundation. I learned how to move at a quick pace and I learned how to talk to different types of people. The co workers were great people. The hardest part of the job was trying to talk to very rude customers and maintaining a calm voice. The best part of the job was being able to make a sale.
Just a regular job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: making friends
Cons: boring shifts
Inbound and outbound calls are the bulk of the job on a regular day at work depending on what shift is fixed for you. I learned how to multitask and a lot of computer skills. I learned the importance of customer confidentiality.
The management is pretty strict with their policies and sometimes can get overbearing. There is a lot of co-workers but I got a chance to meet some amazing people and make some real good friends.
The hardest part of the job will have to be not being scheduled for shifts for weeks and not getting paid enough. It could be boring at times and the supervisors can be frustrating. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a sale and having discussions with friends at work and of course, lunch break.
its ok
Customer Service/ Data Entry (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 11, 2014
its the not the best but if your unemployed and they're hiring I guess someone might be interested.
Productive.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), 2501 steeles ave wApril 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
Engaging
Learned valuble comunication skills
Management was sufficiant
My co-workers were great
Hardest part of the job is dealing with very ignorant customers
The most enjoyable part is knowing that you have satisfiyed your customer.
Fun Place but made more for students
Charity Lottery Sales Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2012
Pros: very simple position, no challenges
Cons: not alot of room to move up in the company and not getting full time on a regular basis.
Managers at work were very helpful, and the position mainly consisted of readying scripts over the phone to supporters of charity lotteries and convincing them to purchase tickets. All proceeds from the lottery sales went to various charity organizations such as the Heart and Stroke Foundation, Princess Margaret Hospital.
This position was not at all challenging, just needed to listen to a customer over the phone and try to overcome objectives.
There are no sales targets and at times if the day is running slow the management will dismiss you early.
great 2nd income
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), steeles ave. wSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation luncheon after 2 days of working. awespme!!
Cons: sometime long hrs but depends on your availability
honestly if you are looking for a 2 nd income and no major stress this is the place to work. the environment is friendly and mgmt qorks with ur hours and thier hours of availability. and the work you do is for a good cause
A great place to work
Telemarketer (Former Employee), SteelesJuly 16, 2012
I always had fun when I went into work, I just chose to take a different path at that time of my life, that's why I left there great facility.
Fun people, good staff
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2012
Pros: communicating eith various people
Cons: not enough hours
Its a fun place to work, and its for a good cause, We contact supporters of the candian cancer society, sick kids hospital and different hospitals out West to sell lottery tickets.