Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Understaffed workplace
Graphic Artist/CSR (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2013
Pros: gained experience
Cons: low salary
When I first started the job the owner told me I would only be doing the graphic design work as well as CSR. There was another employee operating the press and doing bindery. After about a month the other employee had found employment elsewhere and very seldom showed up to work. At this point I was basically taking over his duties. The majority of the – more... time I as alone in the shop. I did have he opportunity to learn a lot about the print industry at this job although I found it hard to keep up with the work load at times. – less
Belittling Boss so I quit
Graphic designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaOctober 23, 2013
Cons: management
The management at Jasper Ave. was HORRIBLE. The man is a complete jerk. He was giving poor training. He said that he would take the time to teach me in the email because I had a good attitude yet he talked to me like I was an idiot and an incompetent person. He insulted my graphic design major. I mean he was complaining that he hasn't been able to hire – more... people within 8 months and there's a reason for that. The way he treats people is horrible. He was so weird he told me to take notes of what he said and then when i wanted to take notes for my memory, he basically yelled at me to not remember.

Everyone remembers and learns things differently and he was insulting the way that helps me remember. I was really disappointed with the management.

Honestly the owner of minute man press who is this person's supervisor should analyze why he's not able to hire people because he has a poor manner and he doesn't treat his employees well.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place. – less
Too much work & responsibility for pay
In-house designer & secretary (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: enjoyed seeing work from beginning to end
Cons: not enough pay
I was the sole graphic designer & secretary, responsible for all jobs - emails, design work, telephone, photo-copies, various printers (just not the big press in the back.)
I learned all about printing.
Always something to do, which was nice.
Enjoyed working with clients (some regular) from beginning to end of jobs.
Paid minimum wage - should have been – more... more for amount of responsibilities. – less
Abusive Management
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 9, 2013
Cons: computers cannot handle the programs so a 5 minute job becomes an hour job, equipmet is lacking for a print shop (cutting a poster with a box cutter and ruler is embarrassing), not organized, no benefits like dental or health, not paid overtime, no training, abusive management
To be honest I was really disappointed how my overall experience went while working for Minuteman Press. To be honest this was one of the worst places that I have ever worked. If I could not give a star I would.

During my small period of time working for this company I noticed that the management is beyond awful. Management yells, verbally abuses, – more... harasses, bullies and threatens to fire staff. Because of the attitude of the management at this location the staff here are few, and getting smaller. In fact, a staff member (binder and cutter) quit within my first week due to the management at this location.

I do not recommend this job to anyone. No one deserves to be treated so badly for minimum wage. – less
Fun place to work. Like a family
Shipping/Receiving/Production (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 2, 2012
Pros: steady hours, good pay, great co-workers
Cons: frustrating managers, constant stress, long commute.
Typically, we have our morning meeting at 8:30AM sharp. This goes on for about 15 minutes. After, I take care of everything that needs to be shipped and go over all completed jobs with management. Once that's taken care of, it's up in the air. What I do is really based on what's going on and who's working. Usually I'll help out with production or organize – more... various things in the shop. Management is... Tolerable. There's a bit of power tripping and poor communication in management, but you just learn to stay out of their way when they're frustrated. My co-workers are possibly the best people to work with ever. Everybody gets along so well, it's like one big family. I'd have to say the hardest part of my job would be dealing with management. They have a way of making things much more difficult than they should be, but I suppose you'll find that just about anywhere! My favourite part about my job is the variation. I can never really tell in the morning what I will spend my day doing, it's a nice break from routine. What I've learned most is how to take on responsibility in a role where I'm trusted. It was a scary feeling at first, but now I can't imagine working any other way. – less
Well organized, productive, professional, yet fun with a sincere emphasis on family.
Front Desk/ Supervisor Copy Division (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 7, 2012
Pros: employers and fellow employees.
Cons: ink smell.
In at 8 AM to staff meeting, the printing schedule, jobs on the press. Review copy centre for new and exsisting jobs and bring run to completeion. Answer phone, and create work orders. Liase with clients on specs at front desk, liason with Graphics Dept., Pressman and Bindery personal with client specs. We all worked in unison together at all times – more... as a team, a family for the betterment of our clients and because we all deeply respected the Owners/ Operators.

The hardest part of the job was sometimes the lifting.

The most enjoyable part of the job was everything. – less

Minuteman Press Photos