Mintel Employee Reviews

Very responsable with payments and fun to work with.
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, HondurasMay 28, 2016
I can do 8 audits in one day and that allows me to spent time with my family. I work from home and most of my jobs are on sight audits or marketing research investigations, job options very and that good.
Pros
Responsables with payments
Cons
Not Full time
Intresting experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milano, LOMDecember 5, 2015
I had to fill with the information I found the company database and describing ingredient when food or beverage and type of packaging
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Repetitive work
Great company to work for with a phenomenal culture
N/A (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 15, 2015
Mintel provides a lot of autonomy with really allowing someone to grow within their expertise. Entrepreneurial-minded people will definitely succeed here as the management is more hands-off and they take the approach of letting you be resourceful and providing your opinion. The work culture is fantastic, with a great mix of forward-thinking and innovative employees that work very collaboratively to bring the best ideas to light. There is wonderful work life balance so you are able to enjoy both your role within the company and still maintain a life outside of work. People that work hard and well-rewarded both in compensation and in upward mobility.
Pros
Excellent people, amazing office space. Perks like happy hours, intramural sports, a free gym in the building and amazing PTO and benefits keep everyone happy.
Cons
Entrepreneurial mindset is a must
Decent
account executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Mintel is a good company to work for. Typically start out as an account executive role and work your way up to an outside sales position. Metrics for inside sales rep are very attainable, need to be very self motivated and aggressive at times.
Productive and fun place to work
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
When I started my internship at Mintel Group, Ltd., I experienced a completely different type of work environment. Mintel had offices for their Human Resources and Accounts Departments, which were there mainly for privacy reasons, and medium to large conference spaces for meetings and conference calls. Every other department had an open seating arrangement where employees were encouraged to sit wherever there was an open space. Departments such as Sales, Marketing, IT, and Legal mainly stayed in their designated spaces; however, there were many occasions when employees moved around to multiple spaces depending on the type of project they were working on.
Mintel’s Legal Department consisted of two paralegals and a general counsel who handled any and all legal questions, issues, or concerns. Their main concern was maintaining Mintel’s best interests, particularly from a financial standpoint. Whatever affected Mintel’s bottom line was Legal’s highest priority, as far as managing work load.
Despite the challenging workload, the working environment was welcoming, helpful, and informative. I never felt like a temporary intern, but someone who was a part of a team. The general counsel and paralegals found work for me that would be a learning experience. I worked on a variety of different tasks, and was included in major projects that were believed to be beneficial. Any work I did was valued, even if it was not the highest priority. If I had any questions I knew I could ask someone for help, although a certain level of autonomy was appreciated.
Even though independence was encouraged
  more... in general tasks, I had plenty of guidance with more complicated assignments without ever being micromanaged. Each time I was given an entirely new project, I was given an introduction and specific resources and guidelines to follow. When I completed a task I would discuss it with either the general counsel or the paralegals and discuss what the next step, if any, should be. I also interacted with the general counsel and paralegals daily about my own responsibilities and was kept informed of current projects. Everyone I interacted with or worked with was helpful and welcoming. It truly felt like I was an employee at Mintel.
While interning at Mintel, I worked on a variety of different tasks, including projects with the general counsel, both paralegals, and employees from other Mintel departments and offices. With the general counsel and paralegal, I collaborated on a Master Services Agreement. I attended conference calls and meetings, and discussed changes and incorporated those changes into the contract itself. I worked on Non-Disclosure Agreements and reviewed my changes with both the general counsel and paralegals. I reviewed and red-lined the contracts with Mintel changes before sending the edited copies to the Sales contact working directly with the customer. I often corresponded with the Sales contact in order to have a better understanding of what the customer was specifically requesting. I also prepared an end-of-week project report for review by Mintel management and digitized customer contracts while also looking for any duplicates. Finally, my major task at Mintel was redacting and registering Mintel reports with the electronic Copyright Office. I used Mintel’s Copyright Manual to get complete instructions on the process of registration and descriptions on why registration was necessary. I registered reports both monthly and quarterly and kept an updated spreadsheet detailing the required steps.
The hardest part of the job was learning to work in such an open environment. Many times it would prove difficult to concentrate because of multiple distractions.
I enjoyed the unique perspective of working with an in-house legal team. It was interesting and exciting to see the practical side of the law in a corporate setting. Learning about, and taking part in, Mintel’s process of protecting intellectual property rights was also challenging yet enlightening.
Pros
free coffee and tea, office parties, welcoming and encouraging working environment
Cons
sometimes too open and made for distraction
You will never be bored
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2012
I loved working at Mintel - it was a great place for me since I tend to get bored easily. There's always a new trend to learn about or a great project to work on with a client - you are literally almost always learning new things. Which is great because it opens you up to so much, but also bad, because you realize how many other cool jobs there are out there, how many other ways you can have an impact on the CPG business. The company is medium sized, which I believe is the perfect size because there are enough employees to make lots of friends, but not too many - because you can always have an open conversation with the CEO. Mintel is also international - so if you like to travel - there is potential there. The only draw back for me was that I traveled too much. The travel is important to build relationships with your clients, but with a new baby it was just too much for me.
Pros
work environment, coworkers, company sponsored events, constant learning, clients
Cons
travel, work/life balance

4.3