Ministry of the Attorney General

Ministry of the Attorney General Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place to learn the fundamentals of public sector law practice
Summer Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2015
I enjoy summering at the Ministry of the Attorney General. My typical day is not the same every day. Inflow of work depends on each day. Most of the day I am involved in drafting of research memos and briefing notes. The work is challenging as well as rewarding. Challenging because of the competing time sensitive turn around requirements. Rewarding because of the knowledge that I am gaining as a student.
Very Fun Work To
Court Clerk and Registrar (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers, Friendly people and great food
Cons: Not enough hours, stressed in some courts
Your Co-workers are great to work, always happy and willing to work with you and help you out
Management needs to work on, and when staff needs help and certain days off, management must help out, they should know about their staff, and accommodate everyone
i have learned so much while working at the Court house or working for the Ministry of the Attorney General, I can look up different sections of the Canada Criminal Code of Canada, have a much better understanding of the Code, and Canada Law
productive and hardworkng
Administrative/Clerical (Former Employee), torontoJuly 1, 2015
Pros: excellent pay
A typical day at work required me to deal with social workers and lawyers on a daily basis. I had an excellent rapport with all of my clients. The job did require dealing with a lot of hands on paperwork concerning minors. I had a great team and they were all as equally hardworking as I was. I loved the Manager Pat he was a really easy going but stern manager.
Great Job
Crown Attorney's Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Milton, ONMarch 25, 2015
I was able to use my valuable skills at this place of work as well as learn many different roles which has helped me develop some of the valuable skills I have to offer to my future employer.
Hate this Work place
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Limited opportunities for advancement, especially if you are a minority. They discriminate against disabilities.

Highly unqualified management, do not follow protocol when it comes to hiring, They hire their own family members/friends.

Job is good but highly toxic work environment. Do not reward positive work ethic or production.

Ok benefits, job security.
Professional workplace
Court Reporter/Courtroom clerk (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: comfortable setting, day shift only, no weekends.
Cons: part-time position only.
This is a career located in a safe, comfortable environment where I am working with a variety of co-workers such as judges, clerks and lawyers.
My co-workers are a friendly group who work together each day to accomplish our goal in serving the public.
I consider it a low stress position, however, in the past I felt it was at times highly stressful.
My position as court reporter is to record the entire proceedings in my courtroom each day and type transcripts as ordered.
The hours and days vary each week, which can either be positive or less so.
Thankfully, the fee we can now charge per page for typing transcripts was increased after decades of staying the same.
Very good working envirnment
QA Analyst/ Software Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2014
Good co workers

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Good work environment
Reporter-Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 31, 2013
Pros: working with friendly/kind people - job interesting
Cons: not enough hours
The best part of working for the Ministry was the co-workers. Everyone was always happy or easy to make happy. I worked closely with judges and they were very pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was that we didn't know from week to week how many hours we would get.
Worked there for 20 years. It was great - Canada
Freelance Polish/English Interpreter (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 3, 2013
Staff in Court Houses were great. I worked in criminal Justice system as an interpreter for over 20 years. I enjoyed my work. I enjoyed interpreting at criminal trials. Great experience.
Admin Assistant working experience
Program and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 12, 2013
Good place to learn about legal issues and ....................................
lawyer office
File Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Delivering clients flies to lawyers
filling clients information by electronic file
enjoy working there as a student
reviewed
CLERK (Current Employee), Parry Sound, ONOctober 3, 2012
Pros: excellent co workers
Cons: work cut backs and lay offs
Wonderful place to work, just not enough hours for a single person to live on. Full time jobs very hard to get, once in a position, very few leave except for retirement.
Work in the court room with Judiciary, lawyers and clients.
Enjoy working in an environment that can change at any time.
back stabbers
RECEPTIONIST/TAPE CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), ministry of the attorney generalSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: 1 hour lunch, got to go on errands
Cons: nasty boss
people are nice to your face, stab you in the back as soon as you turn around

January 29, 2013

and tell me please where can you work and not have back stabbing?? Unfortunately that happens in most places of employment. You just have to ignore and not get caught up in that nonsense, consider where its coming from!!!

Traveled within Province
FREE LANCE TRANSLATOR (Former Employee), Brockville, ONSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: meeting new people, visiting new places
Cons: driving long distances.
Traveled within Province to provide translation service in Provincial Court and Agencies:
 Ontario Provincial Courts.
 RCMP Brocville Office.
 Royal Ottawa Health Care Group.
 Legal Aid Ontario.
 Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.
 Brockville Police Station.
Celebrate birthday's - cake, coffee, juice
HRA / Position Management /Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Busy - Supporting HRC/clients verbal/written/email, maintain accurate position data 100% (HRIS-M) recruitment/staffing, update Job description, grievance, employee documentation/benefits etc.,

Learned - Patience, Coordination and attention to detail

Management - Depends on whom..

Co-workers - Total respect and excellent team players

Hardest - Not being able to investigate and resolve complex issues to clients asap.,

The most enjoyable part of my job is supporting and providing excellence in service to HRC/Clients on a daily basis. Liaise with line management out in the field to provide advice and clarification when needed regarding relevant human resources policies, procedure and guidelines. And to also investigate/resolve complex issues while making sure employee position status and their pay/benefits entitlements are updated correctly, so that the HRIS/HRMS data reports/org charts for permanent and part-time employees in the organization/branch is reliable for day-today operation and fiscal year end statistic.
great place to work for
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 23, 2012
I enjoyed my employement with the ministry of the attorney general. I would love to work for them again some day. Management were kind and understanding while still running a business. Hardest art of hte job, was continuously keeping up to date with regulation changes and assuring that all staff were completing or accepting paper work as a unity.
Investigation work
Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioJuly 5, 2012
Pros: challenging
Cons: contract
Nice people to work for. Learnt a lot with crime scene investigations. Extremely challenging though this was a contract govt position.

About Ministry of the Attorney General

The Ministry of the Attorney General is committed to equal access to justice for all Ontarians. We are working to ensure that – Read more