Ministry of Transportation

Ministry of Transportation Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work
Call Centre opratarions (Former Employee), 370 king st wFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: helps u think on the spot faster helps build great people skills
Cons: system problems/bugs
First day at work not knowing how to deal with systems and people some of the good days where when u got useto the system and figured out how to deal with problems in the system and continue the servey with company policy in mind knowing that u need to collect proper data and not falsify information all the co worksers i had where really helpfull and the most enjoable part of the job was checking my performance score at the end of the day
Productive and Fun Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Friendly and diverse environment, great team of individuals
Great learning opportunity for my field of study
Co-op Student - Fleet Management Centre (Former Employee), St. CatharinesFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: positive work environment, great learning experience, great staff.
Cons: certain days had heavy workload (carpool was unpredictable certain days).
The second time I worked for the MTO as a co-op associate, depending on the month, I learned a lot of administrative duties. A typical day at work when I took charge of administrating the Fleet Management Centre's carpool program which involved dispatching vehicles, creating reservations, and managing unmanned carpools in Thorold and Burlington through the email reservation system. I also learned how to run a competition for co-op students as I helped set up interviews, contacted candidates, set up the testing and did the paperwork that was required after. I enjoyed working with everyone of my co-workers, it was a mature, positive work environment. Management was very supportive. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the carpool program on very busy days when there were no cars available for last minute bookings. The most enjoyable part was the learning experience, the people I met and the memories.
we all got laid off due to contracting out
Highway General Foreman (Former Employee), i worked at pat 13 ormsbyJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: just a great place to work
it was the best we'd work hard have fun co workers were the best guys most enjoyable part was going in to work
Seasonal work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2012
My first work experiences and it was a good one. I worked as a sales agent. Completed 200+ tender forms on behalf of company
Productive and fun planned office parties
Collection Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 5, 2012
Pros: potlocks planned with the department, and lunch on behalf of the company
Cons: working holidays
A typical day at work for me is to first look at the work load , then I prioritize how I'm gonna sort out my work , so that I can meet my required target. I give myself a certain time range to finish a task .At my current job I dont really interact with my co workers too much as we are usually from different teams unless there is a computer problem. The hardest part of job is to manage the stress level effectively and by doing so , I usually sit for around two hours at a time then I would get gt up and go for small walks and then start back my work. The most ejoyable part of my job is that I work independently and unspervised .
Work was great I enjoyed all of my positions in the company and the people I worked with.
Safety & Compliance Jr. Administrator TFI (Current Employee), etobicoke, OnAugust 13, 2012
I would come in start my day by logging on to the computer going through my emails answering any that I could right away and organizing the priorities of what needed to be done for the day. I would then start but finding out which of my accounts required appointments for the day and start calling or emailing my customers to book any appointment. After I completed the appointment requesting, I would then start on my Safety and Compliance and work the both of them within my day. I had to work alone most of the day, but when needed my managers were there for me to answer any questions I had.
The hardest part of the job was the waiting for a reply from the customers.
The best was going to work to see my co-workers who made the work day so much easier.
free transportation and many benefits
Record Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 15, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: i quit to come to canada
process internal transactions; ensure each transaction is signed by the proper authority; assist in the selection by the and approval of acquisitions and contracts done by the department.
cordial environment, great opportunities for learning and development
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 29, 2012
Cons: you dont own this job
provides a great opportunity to work for the public and you get to see the impact of your work everyday

Ministry of Transportation Photos

CEPSI 2008 Macau, Poster Exhibit on Security Bolt Nut for towers.