Ministry of Transportation Employee Review

View all Ministry of Transportation reviews

I enjoyed my 30 years with mto and also enjoy retirement benefits from this provincial government
sign shop foreman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 July 2013
several minutes before start time most employees would talk over previous evenings sports etc and then discuss work plans for the day I would then assign the drivers a description of their days work and who would be with them. I would ask each driver if he had questions pertaining to the days work , I would advise them of my whereabouts for the day incase of a problem. The hardest part would be in inclement weather getting to the job site and protecting the work area from the public motorists, the most enjoyable would be the comradery amoungst fellow employees, and the satisfaction of clearly marking out the travel routes for motorists, the distance remaining for their trip and placing curve signs etc in a well situated location in abidance with MTO regulations
Pros
we were paid a meal allowance, and if we were required to work out of town we were compensated for hotel
Cons
worked in all weather

Other Ministry of Transportation Employee Reviews

Slow paced
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 December 2017
This was a very typical government office. Slow paced, but with excellent pay. It was a great opportunity to get experience in a more corporate environment.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
slow pace
Worked there in a student position
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON5 December 2017
Completed a co-op work term there in college. Everyone was very good to me and the work was easy. Very casual and comfortable work environment. Gained some experience in an office environment.