Apply By: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:59 pm EDT PRINT
EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING CONSULTANT (BILINGUAL)
Organization: Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
Division: Employment and Training Division
City: Chatham, London
Job Term: 2 Permanent
Job Code: 5513 - Community Development Officer 3
Salary: $1,224.31 - $1,476.66 per week*
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 45074
View Job Description
Advance your career and make a difference in the lives of Ontarians with this opportunity in the Employment and Training Division.
Employment and Training Consultants are at the forefront of a changing environment, assisting clients who are entering and re-entering the labour market.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Administer new and expanded training and employment programs
- Provide program planning and support in response to emerging priorities and local labour market conditions and trends
- Recommend, approve and monitor programs and financial support
- Promote community employment and training programs
- Provide consultation and advice to clients regarding programs and services
How do I qualify?
- You have advanced level verbal and written French skills
- You are able to travel within the designated service area
Customer Service and Communication Skills
- You have demonstrated quality customer service skills in a program delivery environment with experience building partnerships
- You have well-developed consultative, interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
- You have knowledge of financial analysis, budgeting/cash flow forecasting techniques and funding approval processes
- You have knowledge of monitoring techniques and auditing principles
- You have knowledge of employment and training programs and economic trends
Planning, Research and Problem-Solving Skills
- You have planning, organizational and priority-setting skills
- You are a strong problem-solver with risk management skills
- You have demonstrated research, analytical and evaluative skills
Address: 1 Bilingual Permanent, 72-1200 Commissioners Road East, London, West Region
1 Bilingual Permanent, 870 Richmond St, Chatham, West Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Education and Training
Posted on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012
This ad is also available in French.
How to apply: You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.