Ministry of Natural Resources Employee Review

View all Ministry of Natural Resources reviews

Challenging, fun, detail oriented, labour intensive
Hose Plant Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON31 May 2013
A typical day at work involved doing anything from off-loading firefighting equipment from incoming tractor-trailers to testing the firefighting equipment such as charging hoses on pumps to look for leaks, and defects to repairing the same defects. It was hands-down one of the best jobs I have ever had, and one of the best employers anyone could work for. The work was extremely challenging, dirty, and long; but it was also a lot of fun. The people I worked with, including bosses were always nice, approachable, professional, and ready to pitch in when required. I learned so many things in this job, time management, camaraderie, how to repair complex pieces of equipment, how to operate complex pieces of equipment, commitment to a challenging work environment.

Other Ministry of Natural Resources Employee Reviews

Amazing group of people to work with and an amazing experience
Medic (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 February 2018
I had the honour of being out there for only a short week but met some amazing people and learned a whole new aspect of team work and emergency response planning.
Productive Workplace
Stewardship Youth Ranger (Former Employee) –  Nipigon, ON12 January 2018
various jobs to gain experience as a student, brood stocking, Silviculture Effectiveness Monitoring, Wood Turtle Surveys, Species at Risk projects, park maintenance, seine/gill netting, rehabilitating Species at Risk habitats, compliance orders, compliance aerial flights
Pros
Lots of Experience