Ministry of Natural Resources Employee Review

View all Ministry of Natural Resources reviews

What I liked about the MNR
Jr. Ranger Program, Thunder Bay (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 May 2014
I loved working for the MNR, I have worked for them for the past 2 years and I have gained so much experience. Working for the MNR has given me great outdoor experience and I've learned to step out of my comfort zone working with power tools, going away for the summer, meeting new people, and traveling to places I never thought I'd ever go.

A typical day at work consists of hard work, sweat, and determination but also very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job for me was having to wake up early, but on the bright side we only had 7 hour work days. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people because you develope new friendships that'll last forever; and you get the chance to work with people who have the same interests as you do. Overall, working for the MNR was my favorite job and I hope to work for them again in the future.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Having to work in poor weather conditions

Other Ministry of Natural Resources Employee Reviews

RT1/RT2 Forest Fire Fighter
RT2 Crew Boss - Forest Fire Fighter (Former Employee) –  Sioux Lookout, ON16 October 2017
Exciting summer job. Work hard and work as a team. Always working hard on the job. Attaining chainsaw certification, hover exit from helicopters. Learn the proper way to lay hose, start pumps and attack a fire.
Job was Great
PEAK WORK LOAD FIREFIGHTER (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ON22 September 2017
I was only hired for a month, but the job was great. Management was nice and made sure you understood how to do your job before putting you in any dangerous situation.
Pros
salary started at 21$/hour
Cons
could be gone for 14 days at a time